PDA

View Full Version : My book, now a Blurb Staff Pick

Zuiko
24th June 2011, 08:24 AM
My Book, The Light Fantastic, has just been listed as a Blurb Staff Pick. Views so far this week have soared to over 500, from an average of about 20 for the last few weeks. Must admit I'm quite pleased to be recognised in this way by Blurb as it is my first attempt at a photo book. :)

theMusicMan
24th June 2011, 08:30 AM
My Book, The Light Fantastic, has just been listed as a Blurb Staff Pick. Views so far this week have soared to over 500, from an average of about 20 for the last few weeks. Must admit I'm quite pleased to be recognised in this way by Blurb as it is my first attempt at a photo book. :)
That is fantastic news, John... and well deserved. I hope you get loads of promotion of your work through this - and many sales too :)

How have sales gone so far... not that I am meaning to be nosey, just curious as to how well it has sold.

Zuiko
24th June 2011, 08:34 AM
That is fantastic news, John... and well deserved. I hope you get loads of promotion of your work through this - and many sales too :)

How have sales gone so far... not that I am meaning to be nosey, just curious as to how well it has sold.

No problem, John, it's sold 3! I won't get rich quick, but it is another vehicle for displaying my work with over 2000 views so far. :)

theMusicMan
24th June 2011, 08:36 AM
No problem, John, it's sold 3! I won't get rich quick, but it is another vehicle for displaying my work with over 2000 views so far. :)
That's the plan... I use the very same tactic - there's method in the madness eh! Visibility is good PR.

Chevvyf1
24th June 2011, 08:41 AM
WOW John aka Zuiko ! and as a "Light Fantastic" Owner I can honestly say well deserved and it "could not happen to a nicer chap" ! *chr*chr*chr

John aka MusicMan can I have a hotlink to yours please ? *chr

theMusicMan
24th June 2011, 09:05 AM
WOW John aka Zuiko ! and as a "Light Fantastic" Owner I can honestly say well deserved and it "could not happen to a nicer chap" ! *chr*chr*chr

John aka MusicMan can I have a hotlink to yours please ? *chr
I'm afraid I don't have a book in print...! What I meant when talking to John is that there is significant benefit in networking and getting 'views' to your work - which ultimately leads to better things. I deploy the same tactic in many things I undertake. Sorry to mislead ya!

Anologital
28th June 2011, 08:04 AM
Inspirational.

Zuiko
28th June 2011, 11:35 PM
Like I said earlier, I'm not going to get rich from this book. However, I see that another has just been purchased, making 4 so far. Number of views has rocketed, to over 2000 in the last two weeks alone and over 3500 in total. I'll also be plugging it this comming weekend, when I launch my card and print stall at two local fetes. :)

Chevvyf1
29th June 2011, 07:31 AM
John, Wishing you a great weekend and many happy hours with your cards and prints (and sales:) *chr*chr*chr

ps have a mentioned Monkey Puzzle Art in Cornwall - who offer low prints runs, on Giclee Prints on Hahnemule German Etching 310 gsm paper ? it looks like handmade/linen paper - great for Landscape prints !

Zuiko
29th June 2011, 06:47 PM
John, Wishing you a great weekend and many happy hours with your cards and prints (and sales:) *chr*chr*chr

ps have a mentioned Monkey Puzzle Art in Cornwall - who offer low prints runs, on Giclee Prints on Hahnemule German Etching 310 gsm paper ? it looks like handmade/linen paper - great for Landscape prints !

Thanks Chevvy, I've checked out their site and it looks really interesting. Have saved it in my favourites for future reference. *chr

Zuiko
30th June 2011, 03:53 PM
I see 2 more copies of my book have sold today, making a total of 6 since it's launch in January. Add to that the 4 bought by myself for family members and there are now a total of 10 copies in existance - probably more than Fly Fishing by J R Hartley (for those with long enough memories :D).

More importantly, my profit has risen to 15 which is above the minimum amount threashold for Blurb to make a payment to me! Who says I won't get rich? :rolleyes:

Danny
30th June 2011, 05:08 PM
Very well done, an inspiration to all - hope it continues for you John!

Chevvyf1
30th June 2011, 05:10 PM
I see 2 more copies of my book have sold today, making a total of 6 since it's launch in January. Add to that the 4 bought by myself for family members and there are now a total of 10 copies in existance - probably more than Fly Fishing by J R Hartley (for those with long enough memories :D).

More importantly, my profit has risen to 15 which is above the minimum amount threashold for Blurb to make a payment to me! Who says I won't get rich? :rolleyes:

:D Big PROFITS John - What a Birthday Prezzie *chr

Arrrr! JR Hartley ... yes dear old BT

shirley
1st July 2011, 05:58 AM
Well done John.
As a proud owner of 'the' book I can say it really is lovely and a well deserved staff pick. I hope you make many, many more sales.