PDA

View Full Version : Off site backup

sponner
23rd June 2011, 10:48 PM
Not sure this is the right place but...

One of the stock sites I upload to is

http://www.mostphotos.com/?ref=25491

I have made a grand total of 0.70 euro in six months.

Why bother I here you cry.

I love the idea that they offer a one click download of all my images and there is no quality control over what I submit.

I.E totally free off site back up (as long as they are still in business).

Zuiko
23rd June 2011, 10:52 PM
I have made a grand total of 0.70 euro in six months.

Better spend it in Greece while you still can! :D

Great tip about the free back-up, do they compress files? :)

David M
23rd June 2011, 11:28 PM

It's only free while they're in business and assuming they have a good back-up system in place.

The only off site back-up I trust is my own hard drives stored off site.

Nick Temple-Fry
23rd June 2011, 11:34 PM
Better spend it in Greece while you still can! :D

And they offer images taken in National Trust properties (and a lot others) as Royalty Free (on the whole the NT object to their properties being used for adverts for contraception/female hygene/National Front, without getting a cut of the sales fee).

I'd be very careful, unlesss you are sure you own all rights to everything in an image, about submitting to this site.

Royalty Free is a great money turning idea, you set up a website, buy the storage (which is cheap if you are a commercial buyer), get amateur photographers to provide the content and write the agreement such that all liability sits with the photographer.

Nick

francois
23rd June 2011, 11:47 PM
Checking the link you gave, you get the website but not your gallery.

sponner
24th June 2011, 06:17 AM
There are issuesd about teh content as they don't vet anything, so yes other people have stuff as royalty free there that shouldn't be.

I am not sure about teh compression thing tbh, it may download as a zip file, would this matter ?