PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Dimage Duall IV scanner - questions

francois
22nd June 2011, 10:04 AM
Still looking at purchasing a tool to scan negatives and slides. I've got the opportunity of buying a Minolta Dual IV. Specs look good, XP drivers... it's ticking all the boxes, particularly since it is one of the few scanners that can do APS as well.

Anyone here using one?

fridgemagnet
22nd June 2011, 10:38 AM
I had a dual scan 2 until it failed a couple of years back, it gave quite good results if a little slow when scanning at max resolution. I also looked at aps adaptors for this scanner but they were well over a hundred quid at the time and also very rarely appear on ebay. ATB Martin:)

Ps probably not much help but there is a scan in my gallery of an infrared image off 35mm

Ian
22nd June 2011, 10:52 AM
Minolta scanners are generally very good.

There is a school of thought that you should buy a scanner, scan all your film, then sell the scanner on and you should get most of you investment back :)

Ian

francois
22nd June 2011, 11:04 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Cheers.

Adagio
22nd June 2011, 04:38 PM
I have one in the cupboard doing very little since I scanned all my APS negs. Is a bit slow but then you can set it do a roll and leave it to finish the job. Bit of a colour cast but nothing that Lightroom WB & Tint can't quickly fix.

Mine has a SCSI interface. Can you fit one to your PC if necessary?

francois
22nd June 2011, 06:51 PM
I already have a SCSI interface as I use my PC for audio quite a lot. So yes, I could fit an older model. But from what I understand, the Minoltas with SCSI tend to be fairly old, Dual Scan II and older. I'm more interested in the IV as the resolution give about 4000x3000, which is good.