PDA

View Full Version : HELP! hidden error code d2c01

spn0923
21st June 2011, 08:07 PM
Playing around with the hidden menu on my e600 I found it had an error code d2c01. (you know the open card cover, menu/ok, up down left right etc). Does anyone know what this means or how I can find out? I have emailed olympus support. I can find no problem with camera so dont want to pay for it to be 'fixed' if its just an innocuous status alert.

thanks

theMusicMan
24th June 2011, 06:37 AM
Did you manage to find an answer to this...?

spn0923
27th June 2011, 03:25 PM
sort of
olympus tech help were useless but fast and polite. website email response was cant help its not in the manual (err thats why they are hidden menus!). when challenged answer was phone uk customer services (atleast its a freephone number). This was basic customer service who said try tech support! When I challenged her she suggested trying the local agent, Luton Cameras. I have to say I was surprised because she happily checked for me and told me its a non specific shutter release error, could be caused by battery dieing at just the wrong time but nothing of concern. So long as shutter is working there is no issue.

next problem is i just swung my camera and it clipped a wall, filter smashed and shards put a couple of tiny dints on the lens. blew photos up to way past over pixelation and i can only find one tiny possible flaw. Hmm..was I just lucky or do I play safe and buy a new lens. The trials of modern life.