PDA

View Full Version : Broughton Game Show 26th June

Janet
19th June 2011, 07:40 PM
Some good photo opportunities at the Broughton Game Show on 26th June - falconry display, WW2 Spitfire flypast, heavy horses, vintage tractors and of course, Nelson Brass will be performing...you name it, there's something for everyone.

http://www.broughtongameshow.co.uk/Attractions_Page

Any of our Northern members up for a day out? I'll be there with Nelson Brass, and Paul (Meach) is dropping in...

Anybody else up for it?

Janet

Chevvyf1
19th June 2011, 08:26 PM
Janet, Broughton is near me ! I thought this was a local - in Hampshire - event ! sorry too far ! *chr

Janet
20th June 2011, 05:18 PM
Pity about that - it looks as though it's going to be a fun day!

SO many photo opportunities? I'll wear my shutter finger out!

Janet

meach
20th June 2011, 05:21 PM
Paul (Meach) is dropping in...

Not from a WW2 Spitfire or a falcon I should point out.

Chevvyf1
20th June 2011, 05:58 PM
Pity about that - it looks as though it's going to be a fun day!

SO many photo opportunities? I'll wear my shutter finger out!

Janet

However, Janet you have INSPIRED me *chr to take some Brass band shots and snaarman reminds us that Hannington has a Fair with Brass Band - so I shall get one or two, maybe even share one if its good enough for here ! *chr

Janet
20th June 2011, 06:05 PM
Any idea what time you're arriving Paul?

Our instructions are for the band to assemble at approx 11.15 - they'll then be playing from 12 -4. I'm assuming that they'll be on the bandstand, but you can't take anything for granted with this lot!

You'll find me easily enough!

Janet

meach
20th June 2011, 06:08 PM
Any idea what time you're arriving Paul?

Our instructions are for the band to assemble at approx 11.15 - they'll then be playing from 12 -4. I'm assuming that they'll be on the bandstand, but you can't take anything for granted with this lot!

You'll find me easily enough!

Janet

No precise details yet. It depends on what time I get up, which depends on where I am, and till what time, on Saturday night!!! Should be there well before 11 though.

Janet
20th June 2011, 06:19 PM
It depends on what time I get up, which depends on where I am, and till what time, on Saturday night

Some people have SO much more fun than me!

Chevvy - brass bands are so much fun, but oh so difficult to capture! You can't ask them to pose whilst they're playing and there's always so many of them crammed into a small space. It's a challenge, but one that I'm really enjoying.

Janet

Janet
22nd June 2011, 06:33 PM
Last bump before the weekend...

Paul, hopefully I'll see you on Sunday. Not exactly a meet, with just the two of us, but it does seem impossible to get our Northern members together!

Janet

Janet
25th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately Paul can't now make it, but hopefully we'll meet up at Durham Miner's Gala on 9th July.

If anyone IS thinking of attending, be warned - it's been chucking it down for days, and although the forecast isn't too bad, the band have been warned to wear wellies as the ground is waterlogged.

There's a lightning storm forecast too!

Janet