PDA

View Full Version : E5 settings Aperture & Shutter speed

WPJ
19th June 2011, 06:02 PM
Hi,

Can anyone advise if you can set the aperture and shutter speed and allow the ISO to adjust itself to give the correct exposure? Does P Mode have this facility?

Cheers

Paul

Ian
19th June 2011, 07:33 PM
Hi,

Can anyone advise if you can set the aperture and shutter speed and allow the ISO to adjust itself to give the correct exposure? Does P Mode have this facility?

Cheers

Paul

Yes, there is an Auto ISO mode. Never used it myself, but I don't think you can freeze the aperture and shutter speed at the same time as letting the ISO set itself. You can bracket ISO in manual mode if that's any help.

Ian

peak4
19th June 2011, 08:24 PM
Paul, been having a quick play on your behalf.
I came up with all sorts of attempts at work rounds, all unsuccessfully as the only mode where you can set both A & S in Manual.
In this case Auto ISO is greyed out.

When you do RFM, (since it's a Sunday Read The Flipping Manual :) ) it is possible to set Auto ISO for All modes except Bulb.

Cog E ISO-AUTO > ALL rather than the default of P/A/S
Auto ISO is no longer Greyed out in M mode
Seems to work fine, but there is no direct exposure compensation; Auto Exposure Bracketing does still work though.

Still got the 90-250mm, thank you for a smooth transaction, but I've just ended up getting a second hand E-5 to get it to focus correctly with an EC-20. Itching to get out for a go with the combination.

birdboy
19th June 2011, 08:48 PM
Paul

I use Aperature mode with ISO set to Auto. I have noticed that the shutter speed is kept quite fast in this mode circa 1/250 sec from memory. The E3 decides itself when to up the ISO. You can set the high limit on ISO-AUTO SET manual p96.

When using Program Mode you can shift aperature and shuitter speed using the front and back wheels and I think that the E3 adjusts ISO accordingly.

This has been done from memory as my E3 is away at the repairers (not Oly) so could not test it out for myself.

John

Kiwi Paul
19th June 2011, 09:21 PM
Manual mode with auto ISO.

Paul

WPJ
19th June 2011, 09:46 PM
Cheers Guy's for the replies.

Bill, good to hear from you. Pleased you still have the lens and enjoying it. let me know how the E5 goes with the combo. I should read the manual sometime as you suggest :) Your advice is spot on thank you.

Regards

Paul