PDA

View Full Version : Annoying E5 My Mode anomaly

Kiwi Paul
19th June 2011, 02:55 PM
I have recently started using My Mode on my E5 for quick config changes for different scenarios. I have a Mode 1 setup for high speed action stuff such as birding, motor sport etc and a general Mode 2 setup for a typical walkabout lens.
However there is one issue that is annoying, all settings change to whatever you stored when configuring the mode EXCEPT aperture or shutter priority which just stays to whatever it was set to before selecting the new mode. So for my walkabout config I use A mode and for action mode S mode, it's frustrating to change modes and forget to switch to A or S and be adjusting what you think is aperture only to be changing shutter or vice versa, I don't know if it's an anomaly to be sorted in a firmware release or done intentionally but I find it a real pain.

Paul

Ian
19th June 2011, 03:35 PM
That does seem odd, Paul - I rarely use custom modes myself (too lazy to set them up!) although I did at Skye because I was doing so much bracketing, but I very rarely use anything other than A-mode, so I haven't encountered the issue your have described.

Ian

Melaka
19th June 2011, 06:51 PM
I have a problem with my E5 too. For some reason the focus settings seem to change of their own accord in a random way. When last used it was set to centre spot but when I switched on today it came up with all the focus points. I've often found that when I'm using the central area focus it changes randomly at startup to either a left or right offset. It makes me wonder if there isn't something 'loose' in the software. Maybe yours is a different manifestation of a similar problem.

jdal
19th June 2011, 09:39 PM
I get that focus problem too, it's pretty irritating and costs shots.

sapper
7th October 2011, 10:16 AM
I have a problem here in that I can set a 'myset' for programme, iso Etc but cannot set another one.
I have read the book but still cannot fathom it out.
All I want to do is have the same settings except anti shock and IS. Anyone help?

Janet
7th October 2011, 11:24 AM
I have a problem with the e5 also...I want one but can't afford one!

Janet

David Morison
7th October 2011, 11:26 AM
I have a problem with my E5 too. For some reason the focus settings seem to change of their own accord in a random way. When last used it was set to centre spot but when I switched on today it came up with all the focus points. I've often found that when I'm using the central area focus it changes randomly at startup to either a left or right offset. It makes me wonder if there isn't something 'loose' in the software. Maybe yours is a different manifestation of a similar problem.

I don't have this problem since I switched the [...] setup to "Off"

I have recently started using My Mode on my E5 for quick config changes for different scenarios. I have a Mode 1 setup for high speed action stuff such as birding, motor sport etc and a general Mode 2 setup for a typical walkabout lens.
However there is one issue that is annoying, all settings change to whatever you stored when configuring the mode EXCEPT aperture or shutter priority which just stays to whatever it was set to before selecting the new mode. So for my walkabout config I use A mode and for action mode S mode, it's frustrating to change modes and forget to switch to A or S and be adjusting what you think is aperture only to be changing shutter or vice versa, I don't know if it's an anomaly to be sorted in a firmware release or done intentionally but I find it a real pain.

Paul

I have Myset 2 set for bird flight shots with Shutter priority linked to Fn button. I normally use Aperture priority and have no problems changing to S with this setup, so I can't think what the problem is.

David