PDA

View Full Version : 5th E-Group Photo Challenge

ianc
9th April 2008, 06:53 PM
Here it is folks the moment you've all been waiting for, the subject for the 5th Photo Challenge is movement.

Please try to comply with the rules, as listed below, to avoid the problems of the last Challenge I'll be enforcing them strictly. Anyone submitting pictures that do not comply with the rules will be informed that their pictures do not comply and if they do not resubmit the picture in compliance with the rules the picture will not be included for judging.

The Rules

1. Please feel free to submit a picture that matches the nominated theme (in this case – “Movement”) that must have been taken in the three weeks the challenge is open.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries with watermarks or that are not clearly identifiable won't be entered into the challenge. (this makes it easier to organise)

3. Entries to the challenge should;
a. Contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders
b. must be jpg format and 800 px on the longest edge
c. must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. have all EXIF data maintained.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge.

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. If you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, and also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

Closing date is 30th of April.

All entries to iancesystem@googlemail.com

Good luck and I look forward to a good crop of entries.

Ian C.

ianc
9th April 2008, 11:12 PM
Well this vanished off the home page so fast not many people got the chance to see it.

Ian C.

Barr1e
10th April 2008, 08:18 PM
Well this vanished off the home page so fast not many people got the chance to see it.

Ian C.

I have sent you a 'pm' Ian.

Regards. Barr1e

theMusicMan
10th April 2008, 09:47 PM
Great subject Ian, have some ideas already. Thanks.

ianc
11th April 2008, 08:51 AM
I hope you will all be getting out there at the weekend with your cameras.

Ian C.

ianc
18th April 2008, 09:43 PM
ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT TO GET YOUR ENTRY IN SO GET OUT THERE WITH YOUR CAMERA THIS WEEKEND.

Garrie
20th April 2008, 12:25 AM
Entered :D

Email on route

Ian
20th April 2008, 08:25 AM
Entered :D

Email on route

Hi Garrie - good to see you :)

Ian

Barr1e
20th April 2008, 09:50 AM

Ian

Garrie -

Are you both back from some sunny clime where you have put a further fix on Susan's finger?

Regards. Barr1e

j.baker
20th April 2008, 03:58 PM
Ian,

I ahve sent you an email with my (wifes) entry

ianc
20th April 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm glad to say the entries have started to roll in. Keep them coming folks. I'm sending confirmation each entry has been received and complies with the rules. I'm going to be kind of busy for the next week or so, work and preparations for my cross Scotland walk next month, so don't panic if it takes me a few days to send you a confirmation.

Ian C.

theMusicMan
22nd April 2008, 06:46 PM
It's great to read that the entries are coming in Ian.

Come on folks, get your entries in to Ian, there's still a week or so remaining so no excuses!

Garrie
22nd April 2008, 08:39 PM

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks, just needed to take a quick break :o

ianc
26th April 2008, 11:59 PM
CHALLENGE CLOSES ON WEDNESDAY THE 30TH. SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
Ian C.

Who's_E
27th April 2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry to sound completely daft but how do I maintain the Exif data in a file?

Thanks,

Nick

ianc
27th April 2008, 07:16 PM
There is a thread on this subject http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1550. If you have any problems send me a PM.

Ian C.

emirpprime
27th April 2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry to sound completely daft but how do I maintain the Exif data in a file?

Thanks,

Nick

It depends on what software you use to process the file. If you post which you use you can get specific instructions. But in Photoshop, just use File|Save As, stay clear of Save For Web as this will remove the exif.

I would think the Oly softwares keep the exif when you save/export a jpeg but hopefully someone can come by and confirm.

All the best,
Phil

Scapula Memory
27th April 2008, 08:42 PM
I would think the Oly softwares keep the exif when you save/export a jpeg but hopefully someone can come by and confirm.

S2 keeps the exif data I would think Master does as well. You can drag the image to Irfanview to resize it without any loss to exif.

I normally check by dragging the resized image onto the excellent Opanda free viewer to check the exif gets listed. Opanda viewer from here

http://www.opanda.com/

HTH

Who's_E
27th April 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks all for your top tips. Photo submitted with Exif information attached!

Nick

ianc
29th April 2008, 05:37 PM
Only 24 hours left. So get your pictures sent in before it's too late.

Ian C.

Ian
29th April 2008, 05:52 PM

Ian C.

It's a bit late for this one, but I will include the next challenge on the In Focus panel on the margin of the front page :)

Ian