PDA

View Full Version : Zuiko 35-100 f-2 Truly amazing

B.P.S Studios
9th April 2008, 12:20 AM
Hi all,

Well I collected my new ED 35-100 a few days ago and I have to say "What a lens". I did find it a bit heavy at first but once I had removed the tripod mount it felt much better in my hands. Also had to play around with the focus limiter to find what worked best for my style of photography and I will confirm as a portrait lens this thing is amazing. I,m still finding my feet with it but hope to post some sample pics soon. Its interesting to note that all the Top Pro Lenses
have the SWD motors already so if you have an E-3 put this lens on your next shopping list, its a must.

B.P.S Studios
9th April 2008, 12:26 AM
Photo attached

emirpprime
9th April 2008, 07:08 AM
Sounds promising :) I Look forward to seeing what it/you can produce :D
Phil

steverh
9th April 2008, 11:06 AM
That looks like a serious chunk of glassware!

HughofBardfield
9th April 2008, 12:32 PM
I had a play with one (and a 300mm and a 90-250mm!) at Digital Depot's Oly event a couple of weeks ago. They are seriously gorgeous pieces of glassware, but soooooo heavy!

Luckily the current shallowness of my wallet means that all of these exotics are far out of my reach for the foreseeable (unless my Lotto comes up), so I will await your posts with keen academic interest only!

Ian
9th April 2008, 01:37 PM
Hi all,

Well I collected my new ED 35-100 a few days ago and I have to say "What a lens". I did find it a bit heavy at first but once I had removed the tripod mount it felt much better in my hands. Also had to play around with the focus limiter to find what worked best for my style of photography and I will confirm as a portrait lens this thing is amazing. I,m still finding my feet with it but hope to post some sample pics soon. Its interesting to note that all the Top Pro Lenses
have the SWD motors already so if you have an E-3 put this lens on your next shopping list, its a must.

Actually, just to clarify things, the only lenses that currently have SWD AF motors are the 12-60, 50-200 (Mark 2) and 14-35 f/2. The 35-100, 90-150 and 300 top pro lenses all have conventional micro motors. The 90-250 and 35-100 do focus fast (faster than the old 50-200) but probably only because they have higher-spec motors.

Both the 35-100 and 90-250 have pin sharp optics, even wide open :)

Ian

Jim Ford
9th April 2008, 02:33 PM
Mind numbingly, jaw droppingly astounding as well as 'truly amazing'. Words can scarcely do justice!

I mean, sixteen <expletive> hundred quid for a lens!
;^)

Jim

dbutch
9th April 2008, 03:39 PM
I would ;)

If I could :(

steverh
9th April 2008, 03:44 PM
Keep buying the lottery tickets :rolleyes:

B.P.S Studios
9th April 2008, 04:39 PM
It is a lot of cash in any mans book 2300.00 euros to me, but I see it as an investment for my business and I had been saving for it for some time.

Jim Ford
9th April 2008, 05:45 PM
It is a lot of cash in any mans book 2300.00 euros to me, but I see it as an investment for my business

You're quite right of course. If you're relying on your tools to earn a living, you must have good quality ones.

Apart from the results good tools enable you to produce, the pleasure of handling them from day to day helps ameliorate any feeling of drudgery that inevitably occurs from time to time.

Jim