PDA

View Full Version : E-5 Ghosting ?

Chevvyf1
31st May 2011, 03:22 PM
My E-5 lovely big 3" screen is holding a GHOST image of a previous shot! which means I am unable to focus for the next one :( HAS anyone else had this ? any idea to a remedy apart from Return to Base ???

The GHOST does go when I switch off and on again - not a good thing to have to do between shots :mad:

DerekW
31st May 2011, 05:44 PM
What happens if you toggle Live View off and On.

timg
31st May 2011, 08:07 PM
Doesn't the E5 have a multiple exposure mode? Could be something to do with that (though this is purely guesswork!)

Nick Temple-Fry
31st May 2011, 09:08 PM
Could it be you have Single Frame Playback set Page 86 of E-5 manual, and page 99.

There are a number of settings to choose from.

(sorry if this seems an obvious question)

Nick

Chevvyf1
1st June 2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks Derek, Tim and Nick *chr I shall try ALL these out today ! I so do not want to be parted with E-5 for 3 weeks and it may be some setting I have set :(

Zuiko
1st June 2011, 08:15 AM
If all else fails, and you think it might be a setting you've inadvertantly selected, try a factory reset. You'll lose all your customization and will have to start again but it might do the trick. Simultaneously press and hold the ISO and exposure compensation buttons. :)

Chevvyf1
1st June 2011, 09:55 AM
John thanks I tried that ! and returned to each of MYSETs, but it still does it ...

Zuiko
1st June 2011, 01:18 PM
John thanks I tried that ! and returned to each of MYSETs, but it still does it ...

Hmmm, anyone else with an E-5 who can throw some light on this one?

Chevvyf1
2nd June 2011, 04:02 PM
Well, NO GHOSTING TODAY ! So I am hoping it was something I set, albeit, inadvertantly !

My last experience of this was my Sony 51 LCD Flat screen ... but that was 20 years ago ...:( on and off over 3 months the problem occurred and cleared ... and occurred ... and it had a lose wire in the "ribbon" connector pins)

Thank You all for the ideas ! :D