PDA

View Full Version : E5 Sensor

adam m lucas
30th May 2011, 06:47 PM
Very, very impressed with the IQ from my E5 at the moment - The 12-60 lens is an absolute beaut. I have noticed however that when viewing a complete image of the blue sky taken in France very recently at 100% , I noticed ONE small white dot , about 1 - 2 mm across - Is this a sensor stain and would it show on general prints ( 18" x 12" ) .? Your views please .........

Kind regards Olympians,

Adam

Nick Temple-Fry
30th May 2011, 07:23 PM
Very, very impressed with the IQ from my E5 at the moment - The 12-60 lens is an absolute beaut. I have noticed however that when viewing a complete image of the blue sky taken in France very recently at 100% , I noticed ONE small white dot , about 1 - 2 mm across - Is this a sensor stain and would it show on general prints ( 18" x 12" ) .? Your views please .........

Kind regards Olympians,

Adam

Are you sure it's not an oof seagull? (not as silly as it sounds)

If its on/around the sensor then you would expect the mark to appear dark as it blocks the light.

Further out on the optical path then dust would appear as a softish white ring

1-2mm is not really a useful measurement, at what size/resolution was your screen display.

Does it show on any other shots (now you know where to look).

As for showing in a print, well I'd brush it out with a clone tool on the photo editor.

Nick

Zuiko
30th May 2011, 07:37 PM
Could be a defective pixel, in which case it might be worth pixel mapping.

adam m lucas
30th May 2011, 08:07 PM
Thank you John. Love this E5. I was fortunate to spend time with a professional photographer whilst on holiday in France. He was a former official formula one photographer. He was most impressed by the E5 image quality. He uses top of the range canon and associated glass - Kind regards, Adam

adam m lucas
30th May 2011, 08:10 PM
Thank you also Nick - This is a great group - Kind regards Adam