PDA

View Full Version : Orfordness National Trust Nature Reserve - 25th June 2011

The Saint
26th May 2011, 09:17 AM
All

I've booked to go on the Bombs and Beasties guided walk at the National Trust site at Orfordness, Suffolk, which according to the details is going to allow access to some of the areas normally not publically accessible.

I'm intending this to be a recy for a potential future group meet, as when I went previously the warden was very willing to arrange a day for us with access to the off-limits areas (just don't know what the off-limits consist of).

Anyway, if anyone want to join me on the 25th June for the recy, I'll more than happy to have some company, I believe there is a maximum of 24 people in the group and the intention is to walk about 5 miles over a whole day, so doesn't sound like we will be rushed.

There are some great photo opportunities from the old military buildings to birds and wild flora.

The following link (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-events-find_event.htm?propertyID=63&Period=Three+months) provides details of how to book and the details for the day.

Regards

Simon

Zuiko
26th May 2011, 01:56 PM
Aaarrgggghhhh! :(

I've just booked (and paid for) a nice romantic dinner, B&B at a country house hotel for that date. Our daughter will be away on a school trip and I thought I'd treat my wife and maybe rekindle, well, you know.....:o

Anyway, back to Orfordness. Sorry I can't join you on this one, Simon, but I hope you have a great day and if it looks promising for a future forum meet I'll be really interested. :)