PDA

View Full Version : Marmite town meet - Danes Banned!

Homer Simpson
25th May 2011, 06:14 PM
The East Midlands meet in April seemed to go quite well
How about planning another but slightly to the West

To support that great British Institution (love it or hate it) what about Burton on Trent ?
I have to be admit I'm not familar with the photographic attractions other than the breweries.*chr

charty
25th May 2011, 06:33 PM
The East Midlands meet in April seemed to go quite well
How about planning another but slightly to the West

To support that great British Institution (love it or hate it) what about Burton on Trent ?
I have to be admit I'm not familar with the photographic attractions other than the breweries.*chr

Burton has the breweries, Martmite factory (of course) the Stapenhill gardens are also worth a visit, and there is an old bridge (Ferry Bridge) over the trent,
Caroline

Andrew Riddell
25th May 2011, 07:00 PM
Burton has the breweries, Martmite factory (of course) the Stapenhill gardens are also worth a visit, and there is an old bridge (Ferry Bridge) over the trent,
Caroline

It also has the Monumite!

Andrew

francois
25th May 2011, 07:26 PM
There's little of interest to shoot in the town centre apart from the bridge Caroline mentions, but the immediate countryside is lovely, going towards Barton-under-Needwood or King's Bromley.

Homer Simpson
25th May 2011, 08:37 PM
There's little of interest to shoot in the town centre .

That sounds like a challenge to me:D

The Saint
25th May 2011, 08:53 PM
Just down the road is Fradley which is a reasonable busy canal junction, with a pub and nice little cafe.

Been there a few times when visiting the mother-in-law and it's good for an hours stroll and a few photos.

Simon

francois
25th May 2011, 08:55 PM
There is a nice marina at the entrance of Barton, 5mn down the road from Burton on the A38.

charty
26th May 2011, 06:23 AM
There's little of interest to shoot in the town centre apart from the bridge Caroline mentions, but the immediate countryside is lovely, going towards Barton-under-Needwood or King's Bromley.

Yes, Barton is good, there is a marina there, can get shots of barges on the canal as well.
Caroline