PDA

View Full Version : bought an Olympus Evolt E-300 , Please help for this error code

yami
17th May 2011, 11:11 PM
Just bought a Second Hand Olympus Evolt E-300 from ebay.
Its shutter count is 10600 and I see Error Code 3B83 in its secret code page D.
May somebody help me what does it mean?
And any help about how to check this second hand camera for any defects (Hardware/Software) will be appreciated. I am very new to DSLRs.

Ian
18th May 2011, 08:29 AM
Does the camera not work at all? Can you describe any symptoms?

Ian

Ulfric M Douglas
18th May 2011, 08:54 AM
Spam? Bot?

Ian
18th May 2011, 09:07 AM
This post has been placed on several forums but the OP's email address and IP address nor user name feature on any spam lists and he hasn't included any spam links. The enquiry looks honest to me.

Ian

yami
18th May 2011, 10:43 AM
Does the camera not work at all? Can you describe any symptoms?

Ian

Hi Ian
Yes, Camera works fine. I am just curious to know what was wrong with this camera before because I can return it by now.
Unfortunately no info about this code in Internet and yes, I posted to several forums but no luck.
Also any guidelines about how to check a second hand DSLR camera for any Software/Hardware defects will be appreciated. I don;t know how to check Lens and Censor, etc for any potential defects.

Ian
18th May 2011, 11:56 AM
Hi Ian
Yes, Camera works fine. I am just curious to know what was wrong with this camera before because I can return it by now.
Unfortunately no info about this code in Internet and yes, I posted to several forums but no luck.
Also any guidelines about how to check a second hand DSLR camera for any Software/Hardware defects will be appreciated. I don;t know how to check Lens and Censor, etc for any potential defects.

I would take some test shots and simply see if they come out as expected. Use the different exposure modes, AF modes, etc.

Ian