PDA

View Full Version : E30 - Hot Shoe protectors

JackBenedict
15th May 2011, 02:22 PM
I have lost the hot shoe protector for my E30 - anybody know where I can buy replacements.

Thanks in advance

Chevvyf1
15th May 2011, 02:29 PM
We are always losing these, many peeps dont bother to replace, but I like things "tidy" and protecting the contacts ... *yes

I buy half a dozen off ebay ... from HK ... for very cheap & cheap post and 14/21 days to arrive ! Sometimes things arrive in a week;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-pcs-Hot-Shoe-Cover-Nikon-Canon-Pentax-Olympus-/150570196112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item230eaedc90

francois
15th May 2011, 02:30 PM
I bought two on eBay for 3. You can buy the original Olympus model at Luton for 6 postage included.

StephenL
15th May 2011, 02:31 PM
Definitely Ebay - only a few coppers each if you buy a few at a time, as Chevvyf1 says.

shenstone
15th May 2011, 06:53 PM
Save your cash ... I've never had one on a camera in 30 years or so and I take cameras to some very harsh environments

I have a big collection all in the bottom of a drawer

Regards
Andy

JackBenedict
15th May 2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the advice Andy - but I just orderd 3 from Ebay

David M
15th May 2011, 08:49 PM
Save your cash ... I've never had one on a camera in 30 years or so and I take cameras to some very harsh environments

Regards
Andy

Same here although mine are scattered in various boxes and drawers.

Maybe someone should start a thread about accidents/abuse members have put their various cameras/lenses through. Some of my stories would give the equipment fetishists nightmares.

shenstone
15th May 2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe someone should start a thread about accidents/abuse members have put their various cameras/lenses through. Some of my stories would give the equipment fetishists nightmares.

Sounds fun ... mine would also scare and not just my own camera was harmed in one story (Sorry Chris!)

The trouble is that most of these stories do not end up with pictures to show the result

regards
Andy

Wreckdiver
15th May 2011, 09:46 PM
I can't be bothered with them anymore, they stay in the bits and bobs drawer.

Steve

David M
15th May 2011, 11:51 PM
Sounds fun ... mine would also scare and not just my own camera was harmed in one story (Sorry Chris!)

The trouble is that most of these stories do not end up with pictures to show the result

regards
Andy

That's true, I can only think of one photo I've got available that shows what I was doing at the time. That was dropping a camera in the pits at Le Mans from the gallery above them. Luckily it was the pit of the team I was there to cover so one of the pit crew threw the camera back up to me.

paullus
16th May 2011, 08:07 PM

Regards
Andy

Do you want to sell your collection Andy?

shenstone
16th May 2011, 08:45 PM
Do you want to sell your collection Andy?

Intersting thought... If I ever manage to find my way that far to the bottom of the various drawers that I have left them in I will offer to donate them to charity .. *chr

Regards
Andy