PDA

View Full Version : E-5 Guarantee ? 1 or 2 yrs ?

Chevvyf1
14th May 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi I have read on here that USA grey imports are 1 yr and that UK sales are 2 yr. I have just checked my paperwork from Park Cameras UK and my Olympus Guarantee is definately 1 YEAR !

Am I supposed to do something to get the 2nd year free? :( worried of Winchester :rolleyes:

Have all E-5 owners received a 2 Yr Guarantee ?

David M
14th May 2011, 04:56 PM
If it's like Canada you get the additional years by registering the camera with Olympus.

I got three years warranty on my E-3 and five years on my HG/SHG lenses when I registered them with Olympus Canada.

Chevvyf1
15th May 2011, 06:01 PM
John, Thanks for this ! *chr I shall contact both Park & Olympus tomorrow !*chr
I have emailed both this evening. BUT I think the 2nd year is just an extension of the written 1 year!

Chevvyf1
16th May 2011, 08:55 AM
I have just received this email from Olympus Customer Services

Please be advised that all Olympus cameras purchased from within the EU will have a two year European warranty providing you are able to supply a copy of your proof of purchase.

Kind regards,

KARINA
Customer Support

Olympus
Goods In 4
The Cordwainers
Temple Farm Industrial Estate
Southend On Sea
Essex

Chevvyf1
16th May 2011, 09:41 AM
Register it with the Olympus website so if stolen/presented for repair they INFORM you! :D

Chevvyf1
16th May 2011, 10:30 AM
My Products (E-1s) were missing too ! I updated the Registry.

peak4
16th May 2011, 06:16 PM
Because of Chevvy's comment, ive just logged onto the Olympus UK website to check that my E-620 showed as registered. The site appears to have been updated recently and when I logged in... my "Personal Profile" was there and all correct but indicated " No Products Registered " *livid*livid

I have now registered my E-620 once again and suggest it may be an idea for anyone who has registered a product to log into their account and make sure their products are currently indicated as being registered on the site.

John

Just done the same; In my case all products were shown, but I've saved the web page to my hard drive just in case.