PDA

View Full Version : E5...4 in stock

ringneck
13th May 2011, 06:15 PM
http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=12742

Keith*chr

DekHog
13th May 2011, 06:41 PM
I'd be very wary of that, they are well known for listing goods they don't have in stock.... they'll even tell you they have it in stock...... until you pay, then it's suddenly out of stock...

PeterBirder
13th May 2011, 07:14 PM
It's Hong Kong company with a very bad reputation.:(:( Google "simply electronics scam."

ringneck
13th May 2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks ...if they had another 100 off I might have started to think about getting one........then I would have seen Hong Kong...no way would I send anything over a couple of quid there.

Bought stuff off E-bay before with an english address but it turned out they were a Hong Kong front.......and had trouble with incorrect stuff delivered or broken and it's a nightmare to get it sorted.They do eventually as they love their e-bay score.

Got the link to the E5 off another site ...can't find it at the moment but will see what they say when I report that they seen dodgy.

Keith *chr

Chevvyf1
14th May 2011, 05:49 AM
Thanks ...if they had another 100 off I might have started to think about getting one........then I would have seen Hong Kong...no way would I send anything over a couple of quid there.

Bought stuff off E-bay before with an english address but it turned out they were a Hong Kong front.......and had trouble with incorrect stuff delivered or broken and it's a nightmare to get it sorted.They do eventually as they love their e-bay score.

Got the link to the E5 off another site ...can't find it at the moment but will see what they say when I report that they seen dodgy.

Keith *chr

I reported this outfit to Ebay for MISLEADING STATEMENTS eg says they are UK/Burgess Hill based - but they ship most from HK ! Some have bought expensive cameras, cheaper, from them - then it comes from HK and BUYER gets hit with Customs Taxes ! BEWARE :eek:

EBAY only care about sales ! and HAVE NOT made them list as HK based!

Having said that, the lens I bought, not knowing them/they being HK based did arrive after 3 weeks, from Burgess Hill - it was cheap and it works well!
BUT having read of nightmare no goods/no refunds I will never again buy from them.

rafrr
14th May 2011, 07:43 AM
Hi,
My E-5, I bought from simly electronics.
Earlier, I called them and asked if they have in stock and what about guarantee, they said that they have the stock and guarantee is two years.
So I ordered ... I waited a bit more than they said(it was 7 days), but I have it:)

Greytop
14th May 2011, 09:58 AM
I think the Simply Electronics warranty involves returning the camera to HK if there is a problem.