PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the shutter speed Is it me?

Moneypenny2k
30th April 2011, 10:44 AM
I'm having problems with shutter speed on manual setting. I can hear that the shutter is not working properly. Eg, if I set for 1/8 of a second it's more like 1-2 seconds. Is this something that's cheaply remedied or should I just give up and buy a new body?

The shutter seems to work fine on scene or auto settings. Could it be that I'm being a total klutz? This is more likely than not.

bazza2764
30th April 2011, 11:08 AM
could it be that the anti shock is set to on, on my E420 its default is 2 seconds have a look in the menu? just a thought

Moneypenny2k
30th April 2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks but sadly it's not the anti shock, mine is set to off too.

OlyPaul
30th April 2011, 11:15 AM
Are you sure you do not still have the two second timer switched on from a previous remote timer use and have not set it back to normal ?

andym
30th April 2011, 11:23 AM
Try reseting it back to default settings.Page 118 of the manual.

Moneypenny2k
30th April 2011, 11:33 AM
I've never had the remote settings on.

OlyPaul
30th April 2011, 11:42 AM
I've never had the remote settings on.

I'm pretty sure thats what you have done has the two second delay does not work in Auto or Scene Modes!

Press the button on the top plate with a timer symbol by it which will bring up the menu and make sure it is not on the 2 second setting. If thats not the case then do a factory resetting as already suggested

Moneypenny2k
30th April 2011, 08:15 PM
By jove it appears you guys were right. I'd never used the remote setting so I just assumed that it wasn't that. However, I did a reset and it's working perfectly now. I think I owe you guys a drinkie or three as I was getting ready to buy a new body...*chr