PDA

View Full Version : dpreview.com on E5 TIPA award.

paullus
29th April 2011, 11:55 AM
I found this while the happy couple are signing the register. Eight pages long so far. Makes interesting reading.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&message=38265998&changemode=1

Greytop
12th May 2011, 12:13 PM
I found this while the happy couple are signing the register. Eight pages long so far. Makes interesting reading.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&message=38265998&changemode=1

The pro users' comments were interesting and no doubt valid but as I read on the usual sad dpreview suspects appeared and at that point my interest waned.
It's a shame that forum has gone the way it has, not a nice place :(

Kiwi Paul
12th May 2011, 02:34 PM
The pro users' comments were interesting and no doubt valid but as I read on the usual sad dpreview suspects appeared and at that point my interest waned.
It's a shame that forum has gone the way it has, not a nice place :(

I agree, it's a pity those threads always turn into a slander session.
I just read the DPR E5 review and have to say I think it's a good review, at least from my POV I agree with most of their points, the E5 is a damn good camera but does fall behind the competition in ultimate performance. For me it's not an issue, it does what I require perfectly and I would not benefit from a higher spec camera.

Paul

Greytop
12th May 2011, 02:47 PM
Well it's certainly not a bad review (as I remember it) but there did seem to be more emphasis on the negatives than the positives which was a little disappointing.
Never-the-less the proof of the pudding is in the eating and when matched with Oly glass it's more than capable.

francois
12th May 2011, 02:51 PM
From the thread:

"Decades ago I was told by a seasoned mentor that it is not the brush or the paint that counted but the way the painter used them."

Enough said...

Jim Ford
12th May 2011, 06:27 PM
What's the difference between the 'professional', 'expert' and 'advanced' categories and how do they rank compared to each other?

Jim