PDA

View Full Version : British Summer Time

Olybirder
28th April 2011, 10:08 AM
Somebody asked me what time of day one of my shots was taken. I consulted the exif data to find out but suddenly realised that I had never altered the settings to correspond to British Summer Time. I looked at the date settings on my E-30 and they were correct. This led me to question whether the camera automatically copes with daylight savings or whether I had originally set it up in British Summer Time and then it had been wrong over the winter and then correct again when the clocks changed a few weeks ago.

I have had a look in the handbook but can see no mention of a daylight savings check box. Does anybody know if E-series cameras have any provision for changes to the clocks?

Ron

Bikie John
28th April 2011, 11:00 AM
I've noticed something a bit similar, that the shooting time seemed to be correct even though I hadn't reset the camera. I wonder if something clever is happening like the camera records the time in some internal format, like number of seconds since the beginning of the universe, which the display software then unpacks "intelligently". It should be easy enough to devise an experiment to check. Sadly my tired old brain isn't up to it at the moment.

Ciao ... John

wfk
28th April 2011, 11:47 AM
My cameras don't change automatically for daylight saving - but they are older models (E500, E1 & E330).