PDA

View Full Version : Olympus user magazine free

Crippledsandwich
25th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Just a heads up, I was in Tescos today and brought a copy of Advance Photographer magazine and it came with a free mag that happens to be Olympus user. not bad for a fiver:)

Zuiko
25th April 2011, 10:39 PM
I bought it a couple of days ago at WH Smith but didn't get a free mag :(

Maybe it's only when purchased at Tesco?

Crippledsandwich
25th April 2011, 10:48 PM
awwwwwww really? Its not the first time i have brought a mag with a Tesco exclusive mind. Though of this occasion it didn't indicate a Tesco promotion:confused:

PeterBirder
25th April 2011, 11:16 PM
Well I tried to buy Advanced Photographer in WH Smith's on Saturday and they only had last month's issue. When I queried this they said this branch wasn't selling it anymore so I'd have to put up with last month's.:mad:
My local Tesco's doesn't stock it either so I'll have to go back to the Beano.:D

Regards

Andel
25th April 2011, 11:43 PM
I bought Mays edition from WH smith in Aylesbury on Saturday, had to search for it though, the pile at the front was the April edition..no givaways though.

Len

Crippledsandwich
26th April 2011, 01:56 AM
Well the issue i have got is for May, hope you guys have some luck finding it

Zuiko
26th April 2011, 02:59 AM
Well the issue i have got is for May, hope you guys have some luck finding it

Yep, the one I just bought is May, but definitely no free mag for me. Our local Tesco doesn't stock it either - mind you, they never have half the food we want so it's no surprise, we pray that one day a local Morrisons will open.

Back to the mag (Advanced Photographer), I don't normally buy it but was impressed with this issue and may look out for it more often. :)

shirley
26th April 2011, 05:53 AM
I have been subscribing to it since it started, on one of those 1 for three issues deals. I had stopped buying others as they seemed to be going round in circles and repeating themselves. I am enjoying this one, it is giving me lots of new inspiration and ideas. Mine comes through the post ...no freebie for me either.

Grumpy Hec
26th April 2011, 07:21 AM
Bought Advanced Photographer on Liverpool St station on the day ahead of scheduled publication date. This was with free Olympus User mag so it's not a Tesco deal.

Interestingly copies were flying off the shelves, AP that is, and in previous months this might explain why very soon after the release date you can't find copies. On that basis it seems odd that some outlets are not stocking it.

hec

Zuiko
26th April 2011, 08:40 AM
Bought Advanced Photographer on Liverpool St station on the day ahead of scheduled publication date. This was with free Olympus User mag so it's not a Tesco deal.

Interestingly copies were flying off the shelves, AP that is, and in previous months this might explain why very soon after the release date you can't find copies. On that basis it seems odd that some outlets are not stocking it.

hec

I may well give it a trial on subscription, I can always choose not to renew if it becomes repetative like many others. *yes

Grumpy Hec
26th April 2011, 08:55 AM
I may well join you

Crippledsandwich
27th April 2011, 01:00 AM
Well this has been my first issue and if im honest i only brought it for the freebie lol. having said that im very impressed, there doesn't seem to be any focus on camera make either which is nice, this may change. there is some really nice olympus macro pictures in a feature and they have been printed at a desent size as well. is it just me that when an oly photo has made it into AP its printed at about the size of a postage stamp??? lol

benvendetta
27th April 2011, 12:21 PM
I have been subscribing to it since it started, on one of those 1 for three issues deals. I had stopped buying others as they seemed to be going round in circles and repeating themselves. I am enjoying this one, it is giving me lots of new inspiration and ideas. Mine comes through the post ...no freebie for me either.

Snap! Same for me. Seems like a good mag and def better than dSLR User, which I switched subscription from.

David M
27th April 2011, 10:41 PM
is it just me that when an oly photo has made it into AP its printed at about the size of a postage stamp??? lol

Well everyone knows you can't print bigger than a postage stamp from a 4/3 sensor. :rolleyes:

Well apart from the clients/publishers who don't care/never ask what equipment was used.