PDA

View Full Version : E-5 ? HELP ? Best Price and BEST SUPPLIER ?

Chevvyf1
23rd April 2011, 10:15 AM
Ok I have made the leap - TODAY I SHALL BUY AN E-5 ! But where from ?

I have just read "WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM SIMPLY ELECTRONICS" I read someone bought from Kerso - where is that ? sounds like near the racecourse?

DerekW
23rd April 2011, 10:21 AM
just do a search on Kerso in the forum and all will be revealed <g>

paullus
23rd April 2011, 10:31 AM
Ian Kerr who is Kerso or Flash Camera is yet to be beaten on price in my view.
I paid 1269 inc. P&P on 1st Feb 2011 for my E5. Ian did say that there may be fluctuations in price due to exchange rates. It's not a grey import as it registered with Olympus with no problem and has the full warranty.

He is in Fife, Scotland.

Email:
kerso1123@msn.com

Chevvyf1
23rd April 2011, 10:50 AM
Many Thanks Paul and Derek I have just sent an email to Ian - now I just have to wait ;)

andym
23rd April 2011, 10:58 AM
Hope you don't blame my:eek::eek:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14162

Chevvyf1
23rd April 2011, 11:02 AM
Hope you don't blame my:eek::eek:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14162

WELL, if OLY Sales Dept. pay you a COMMISSION - all I can say is YOUR EARNED IT ! [ ... but hey! no hard feelings ... your not the only one who's E-5 IQ CLARITY has just BLOWN MY SOX OFF - Peter D and OlyPaul too can earn a few 's commission :D:D:D

Wee man
23rd April 2011, 11:35 AM
Another vote for Kerso.

Wreckdiver
23rd April 2011, 01:22 PM
I have bought several items from Ian (Kerso) and no problems at all. One thing though, I purchased two FL-50Rs from him and they only came with 1 year warranty instead of the two years. Might be worth checking just what warranty Olympus currently give and what Ian gives.

Steve

Bobpatchcott
23rd April 2011, 01:49 PM
Another vote for Kerso.

And one more,
I bought a 50-200 SWD from Ian last year and a 7-14 earlier this year both at very good prices.
So last week I bit the bullet and ordered an E-5 from him for 1245 inc P&P this is cheaper than any I have seen advertised anywhere else.

Cheers *chr

Ian
23rd April 2011, 02:19 PM
Just a gentle reminder to everyone that this site is run on behalf of Olympus UK; they paid for it to be set up and provided all the lens hire gear, and continue to pay us to maintain and operate the site. The e-group is operated as a service to Olympus fans in the UK.

I don't doubt that Ian Kerso provides a great service, but I would also like to remind everyone that as he imports his stock that any sale which goes through him will not result in any short or long term benefit for Olympus UK, nor, sadly, the e-group.

Of course we are very fortunate in having the freedom to choose from whom we buy our gear from and long may that freedom last. My only purpose in mentioning all this is to bring awareness to the facts raised. In the end it's your decision.

I'm not looking to have a big debate about this, I just wanted to ensure that all the facts were known. Ian Kerso and I have been in touch and we have an understanding. I think he's fortunate that he benefits from the e-group and I certainly have no intention of doing anything silly like ban him, but in the end I do feel I have an obligation to stand up and speak in support of the our Olympus UK benefactor.

Ian

Bobpatchcott
23rd April 2011, 02:30 PM
Just a gentle reminder to everyone that this site is run on behalf of Olympus UK; they paid for it to be set up and provided all the lens hire gear, and continue to pay us to maintain and operate the site. The e-group is operated as a service to Olympus fans in the UK.

I don't doubt that Ian Kerso provides a great service, but I would also like to remind everyone that as he imports his stock that any sale which goes through him will not result in any short or long term benefit for Olympus UK, nor, sadly, the e-group.

Of course we are very fortunate in having the freedom to choose from whom we buy our gear from and long may that freedom last. My only purpose in mentioning all this is to bring awareness to the facts raised. In the end it's your decision.

I'm not looking to have a big debate about this, I just wanted to ensure that all the facts were known. Ian Kerso and I have been in touch and we have an understanding. I think he's fortunate that he benefits from the e-group and I certainly have no intention of doing anything silly like ban him, but in the end I do feel I have an obligation to stand up and speak in support of the our Olympus UK benefactor.

Ian
Point taken Ian
I must admit I did not think of it like that.
Bob

Chevvyf1
23rd April 2011, 02:48 PM
Well Ian,:D Oly UK will be pleased :DI bought my E-5 from an authorised dealer getting stock on Wednesday, then !!! as I do need it asap to "practice and know" a bit, for my hols in May !*yes

Ian
23rd April 2011, 02:51 PM
Well Ian,:D Oly UK will be pleased :DI bought my E-5 from an authorised dealer getting stock on Wednesday, then !!! as I do need it asap to "practice and know" a bit, for my hols in May !*yes

Excellent, hopefully that confirms what I was told last month that E-5s were going to be back in stock at the end of April :)

Ian

paullus
25th April 2011, 04:06 PM
Point taken Ian
I must admit I did not think of it like that.
Bob

Same here Ian, Sorry:o

paullus
25th April 2011, 04:13 PM

Dare I ask where from and how much?

Chevvyf1
25th April 2011, 04:43 PM
Pixmania 1499

paullus
25th April 2011, 08:47 PM
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news and please someone correct me if I'm wrong but Pixmania are a French company based in Paris who use a .co.uk web address. They haven't got a particularly good reputation. I bought a DVD player from them via Amazon Market Place and it came with a two pin plug and adapter.
Their advert for the E5 states "This product requires a mains adapter for the UK. Pixmania supplies a free adapter when you buy this product".
If your expecting a genuine Olympus UK stock item then I'd ask them to confirm it first.

Chevvyf1
26th April 2011, 08:02 AM
oooh! Thanks for this Paul !*chr DH Nick is a retired "Spark" so the electrics is not a prob on the charger - BUT I am double checking their STOCK ! Seems E-5's are like output from a Rocking Horse *chr

Greytop
26th April 2011, 08:13 AM
Did you try SRS Chevvy?
They have the E-5 at a good price http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/5466/Olympus-E5-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body.html

Chevvyf1
26th April 2011, 08:30 AM
Huw thanks for this - I noted SRS as supplier to Andy I think ??? and phoned them at 8am this morning - no stock and they dont know when they will get some. I asked if their "Oly rep" knows and they said "nope, Oly UK just get a batch and share them about!" SRS will phone me if they hear some are coming in?

I have emailed Pixmania to get their confirmation of STOCK IN and their DELIVERY TO ME DATE.

I may have to hire one ... for now ! for my hols ...

paullus
26th April 2011, 09:16 AM
Do a bit of Google research on Pixmania and check their feedback. it's a big spend you're considering.
You're right, the electrics are not a problem but as far as I know genuine UK stock will have a charger with a UK three pin cable. I bought my UK E620 body from Jessops in a sealed retail box and the charger had a three pin plug. Again unless I'm wrong a two pin plug with adapter indicates European stock not UK.

Chevvyf1
26th April 2011, 10:01 AM
Paul what concerns me about Jessops and Warehouse express is the NUMBER of these VERY EXPENSIVE CAMERAS they post which are INCOMPLETE ! someones borrowed something out of the box ! at least in a big warehouse - thats less likely !

Chevvyf1
26th April 2011, 11:32 AM
Update on E-5 stocks

Oooh! So EGG cited ! My E-5 is en route and shall be here tomorrow afternoon by Courier !

Cancelled Pixmania order as they now confirm 8th May +3 or 4 days ! Getting too near the holiday flight date out!

Tele order with Park Cameras this morning when I did my "stock check of E-5 phone arounds" - I know there has been bad feedback on Park - but lots of good feedback too !

But I ordered an EX-25 off ebay and only when it had not arrived and I looked for supplier contact details - I realised it was Simply Electronics ! Arghhhh ! NO I thought ! but it arrived in two weeks and is great, was well packed and by Courier from Burgess Hill (UK depot some orders IF IN UK stock!)

IF there are ANY PROBS at least I have a few weeks to sort them or HIRE one from Ian ???

paullus
26th April 2011, 07:09 PM
Definitely a wiser choice going with Park I think. I'm very careful about with whom I spend my hard earned money and I always thoroughly check reviews and feedback. The only reason I bought from Jessops was because they were listing the E620 as discontinued and the clearance price was ridiculously low and I also got an HLD-5 grip for 22 from them. I ran out of the shop because I was sure they'd made a huge mistake.
Enjoy your E5 I'm sure you'll love it as I do mine.
Cheers,
Steve

Chevvyf1
27th April 2011, 12:23 PM
Ye! Haaa! C'est Arrive! my E-5 & TG-810 together ! Christmas & Birthdays are here NOW ! off to play ... WHOOP! WHOOP! :D

gregles
27th April 2011, 05:42 PM
Enjoy yourself*chr*chr

paullus
27th April 2011, 06:12 PM
Ye! Haaa! C'est Arrive! my E-5 & TG-810 together ! Christmas & Birthdays are here NOW ! off to play ... WHOOP! WHOOP! :D

Many sincere congratulations to you. I made similar noises when I got mine. Do we need to grow up.........I think.......I think...........NOT!!

*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr

Sorry:o

Chevvyf1
27th April 2011, 07:01 PM
... Do we need to grow up.........I think.......I think...........NOT!!

*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr

Sorry:o

Age is the Journey of life, not the destination ! NEVER NEVER GROW UP !

Thanks Paullus and gregles