PDA

View Full Version : e510 compression rates

monoboard
22nd April 2011, 11:35 AM
HI

having to temperarily get my E510 out whilst my E3 is away. regarding compression rates, which is higher quality 1/4 or 1/8 or 1/12.

reg

David

Ross the fiddler
22nd April 2011, 11:43 AM
HI

having to temperarily get my E510 out whilst my E3 is away. regarding compression rates, which is higher quality 1/4 or 1/8 or 1/12.

reg

David

1/4

At least it will be lighter, but I'm sure you'll miss the E3 while it's away. The quality of the E510 is still nice & with less functions etc., you'll still have the fun of chasing those moments to be recorded.

monoboard
22nd April 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi

Thanks for that, its a while since i used it. Can you rember if its possible to convert the fn button to jpeg & raw with out having to hold the fn button down all the time.

reg

David

Ross the fiddler
22nd April 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi

Thanks for that, its a while since i used it. Can you rember if its possible to convert the fn button to jpeg & raw with out having to hold the fn button down all the time.

reg

David

I haven't downloaded the E510 manual, but the E520 allows the Fn button to be programmed for RAW. The E510 manual can be downloaded here if you can't find yours. http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/manual/dslr.cfm#body

I wish you well & make the best of using the E510. I get out the E520 & use it occasionally.