View Full Version : Will this work

joglos
19th April 2011, 07:56 AM
Hi, Will this work in the E series?

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=110827

Or any suggestions for others please

Daveart
19th April 2011, 08:21 AM
Yes should work with all E systems cameras.

Dave

CallaWolf
19th April 2011, 08:26 AM
Dunno......but I've ordered 2

I'm pretty sure they'll work

joglos
19th April 2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks Dave, a friend gave me one because it didnt work in theirs, and i tried it in the E500 and all i get is the red light blinking like mad and camera not responding, so perhaps its a faulty card. I thought it should work but wondered if i was having a blond moment!! hense the question.

I see you are local 2 me, glad to see another on here.

joglos
19th April 2011, 08:58 AM
Now tried in my E520 with the same result :( but they have a 10yr warranty so will see what happens, was going to order a couple more for myself.

jchallen
19th April 2011, 09:18 AM
I ordered one a few weeks back when they were last on promotion. On arrival it too just casued a rapidly blinking red card light and locked the camera (E3 & E30).

However after formatting on a PC it has worked fine in both since then. I did format it in the camera as soon as the camera recognised to be safe.

Also (for no apparent reason!) I find myself reformatting this card more frequently than my others. :confused:

As an aside, and this is by no means a scientific test, I have found the card speed to be comparable to my Sandisk Extreme III (30mb/s), which is not as fast as my Sandisk Extreme (?new naming convention) 60mb/s UDMA.

Ian
19th April 2011, 09:48 AM
The Samsung cards are 233x UDMA, which is the slowest (although still pretty fast) UDMA speed available in CF cards, others being 266x, 300x and even 600x. Only the E-3, E-30, and E-5 will benefit from UDMA speed boost, though. In other respects they should operate like a 133x card in other camera models. Make sure your firmware is up to date as there was a bug that could corrupt UDMA cards used in some earlier E-System models. Strange about the initial incompatibility, but formatting on a PC (FAT format) should make it recognisable on the camera and then reformatting again in the camera as suggested should solve the issue for good.

Ian

joglos
19th April 2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks both for your replys, and the explanation re speed, just what i was looking for. My next intended step was to try in pc once i have found my card reader which appears to have walked!
Yes both cameras are up to date on firmware :) Will hopefully progress to even better bodies in the future.*yes

rsh1960
19th April 2011, 05:49 PM
I have two of their 4GB cards and they work fine

StephenL
19th April 2011, 06:00 PM
For some reason I've had problems with any make of 8Gb card in my E-1. Up to 4Gb are fine.

joglos
26th April 2011, 09:50 AM
Well formatted on pc FAT32 still doing the same :(

Ian
26th April 2011, 09:54 AM
Well formatted on pc FAT32 still doing the same :(

If it won't work on your mate's camera or your camera, it's beginning to sound like a faulty card.

I believe there are generous warranty terms on the Samsung cards.

Ian

Ian
26th April 2011, 10:03 AM
For some reason I've had problems with any make of 8Gb card in my E-1. Up to 4Gb are fine.

Just put an 8GB SanDisk Extreme IV in my E-1 - no problems at all shooting RAW and JPEG simultaneously.

The card has been in an E-30 and an E-5 previously, and was probably formatted on one or the other, so that may be the key?

Ian