PDA

View Full Version : Can someone send me an E-620 RAW file?

molgrips
15th April 2011, 08:23 AM
I'm trying to get DXO Optics Pro to work with my E-600, and struggling. It supports the E-620 and all my lenses, so I should be able to use it with the E-600 since the file formats are the same.

I tried editing the camera model in the EXIF to E-620 and that didn't work, so I was thinking if I had an E-620 file I could analyse the two and see where the differences are, and then maybe put together a utility to do this for me.

Ian
15th April 2011, 08:32 AM
I'm trying to get DXO Optics Pro to work with my E-600, and struggling. It supports the E-620 and all my lenses, so I should be able to use it with the E-600 since the file formats are the same.

I tried editing the camera model in the EXIF to E-620 and that didn't work, so I was thinking if I had an E-620 file I could analyse the two and see where the differences are, and then maybe put together a utility to do this for me.

Plenty here on our sibling site, Four Thirds user (http://fourthirds-user.com/2009/03/e620_review_raw_and_jpeg_image_samples.php).

Ian

molgrips
15th April 2011, 08:38 AM
Ah yes, should've googled more first :)

If I can make a utility work I'll post it up for download.

peak4
15th April 2011, 04:43 PM

I was trying to do the same with an E-P1 file as DXO only works with E-PL1s at the moment, also without much success.
Please keep up posted on how you get on.

PeterBirder
15th April 2011, 07:59 PM
Yes I've been very frustrated at not being able to use DxO Optics Pro with my e-600 files. The software seems to be very good at determining that files are from a supported camera/lens combination. I have concluded that it can either detect that the EXIF has been edited or that it reads the camera serial number which I believe contains a camera specific code. Good luck with your efforts to find a solution, there are quite a few members on here who have the same problem.

Regards

jamie allan
16th April 2011, 10:56 AM
Peter and Molgrips(?)
Have you tried using the ExifTool application? You can change the exif data - I changed my E-600 camera name to the E-620 and found that that worked for Adobe Photoshop CS3/DNG as they don't recognise the E-600.
Here's a link to a previous thread on the subject.

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8351&highlight=exiftool

molgrips
17th May 2011, 09:54 AM
Jamie - changing the EXIF alone doesn't work for DxO

Anyway - update: I've worked out how to edit the E-600 files to get them to work in DxO. You need to change some EXIF data but this alone is not enough - there's a camera specific code in there to that EXIF GUI won't let you change.

I'll make a program to do it and post it up on here, or if anyone wants to use a hex editor in the mean time search for S0030 in your E-600 file and change it to S0023, along with changing E-620 to E-600. Or is it S00030? The stuff is at home and I'm at work :)