PDA

View Full Version : Charging 2 BLS-1 at once ?

francois
12th April 2011, 05:26 PM
There is a manufacturer called Denkin selling a universal dual battery charger that comes with custom plates. They have plates for the E-3 type battery but not for the BLS-1 type.

Does anyone know of a solution to charge two BLS-1 at once (short of getting another Olympus charger obviously) ?

BobS
14th April 2011, 01:30 PM
There is a manufacturer called Denkin selling a universal dual battery charger that comes with custom plates. They have plates for the E-3 type battery but not for the BLS-1 type.

Does anyone know of a solution to charge two BLS-1 at once (short of getting another Olympus charger obviously) ?

There are chargers listed on ebay for between 7 - 12 (not genuine Olympus) that would probably be cheaper than getting a dual charger.

francois
14th April 2011, 02:30 PM
True, but the dual charger is a nifty solution to save space in the photo bag as it's hardly bigger than the Olympus BCS-1. However, it's probably what I will have to do if I cannot find an alternative product like Delkin's.

http://www.pauljoy.com/wp-content/uploads/DSC_3290_large.jpg

BobS
14th April 2011, 03:34 PM
True, but the dual charger is a nifty solution to save space in the photo bag as it's harly bigger than the Olympus BCS-1. However, it's probably what I will have to do if I cannot find an alternative product like Delkin's.

http://www.pauljoy.com/wp-content/uploads/DSC_3290_large.jpg

Just trying to save you money!*yes How much is the Delkin anyway?

jima
14th April 2011, 06:23 PM

Hahnel Twin V Pro - I have one with plates for dual BLM-1 and dual BLS-1 and it works an absolute treat. Has dual capacity indicators as well.

Jim

francois
14th April 2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks Jim.

Bob, $40 with country-specific plugs and car charger, plates are about $6 each. Cheaper on eBay US of course.

francois
24th April 2011, 12:04 AM
I'm glad to have followed Jim's advice. The Hahnel Twin V Pro is a delight, and can charge both BLM-1 and BLS-1.

Plus, their customer service dpt is really friendly. I wanted to order a 2-prong PSU for when I go to France (instead of carrying the UK PSU + adapter) and they answered my query quickly.

Thumbs up !