PDA

View Full Version : HELP! E300 and 40-150 Mk2 Lens

pepper
10th April 2011, 09:12 PM
Hi does anyone know if these two are compatible please?

I bought a 40-150 lens from here for a friend who has an E300 and it seems to lock the hole camera up and the only way of unlocking it is to take the battery out!

The lens works fine on my Panasonic L1 and my E3, so is there an update needed to get these two to work?

spark
3rd August 2011, 04:04 PM
I use a 40-150 on my E-300 with no problems at all

pepper
3rd August 2011, 05:13 PM
It's very strange, thanks for answering me though.

I reckon the software needs updating on the camera, trouble is she lives a 100 miles away and we don't see each other that often.

Ulfric M Douglas
4th August 2011, 10:01 AM
They should work just fine.

Every time I have a problem with one of these lenses I have a close look at the camera-body contact pins.
Mine can get a bit stuck sometimes ... and your e-300 would be older than this e-410 so there might be your problem. Clean 'em and make sure they pop down and up freeley.

Also, on other systems 'lock-up' is usually a dodgy batttery fault. Kind of.

DJMC
4th August 2011, 11:30 AM
It's very strange, thanks for answering me though.

I reckon the software needs updating on the camera, trouble is she lives a 100 miles away and we don't see each other that often.

Can't you talk her through the firmware updating procedure over the phone, just to knock that on the head?

Or, firstly, talk her through how to find what firmware version the camera and lens are on?

Does she have another lens that DOES work on the body? If yes, it's either the 40-150 lens that needs: contacts cleaning; firmware update; repair; testing again on another body before repair, OR the body needs a firmware update to work with the 40-150.

No blame on the seller here, as you've tested it on other bodies, BUT it may have been accidentally damaged since perhaps?

Good luck.

;)