PDA

View Full Version : E-5 Initial Defaults

stoates
8th April 2011, 06:35 PM
I have just received a new E-5 today from (Ian) Kerso, an upgrade to my much loved E-510. I am slowly ploughing my way through the manual but thought it might be a good idea to set up some initial default values based on Wrotniak's recommendations. As he hasn't yet provided this for the E-5 I was wondering if it would be best to follow the advice for the E-3 or E-30? I have found some useful nuggets on other forum threads but if anyone has any new advice on settings it would be gratefully accepted.

DerekW
8th April 2011, 08:18 PM
Also check on PeterD's birds in flight suggestions and also Ian's early Blog entries on Graduation settings - I think they are in the other Forum

Also learn how to use the MySet system so that you can swap settings quickly

Graptolite
8th April 2011, 09:07 PM
Just as a matter of interest - how good a deal did you get from Kerso?

stoates
9th April 2011, 09:59 AM
Just as a matter of interest - how good a deal did you get from Kerso?

PM Sent re your query.

paullus
9th April 2011, 10:58 AM
This is incredible as I was about to post the very same question. Wrotniak unfortunately hasn't been heard from since 2009. I hope the guy is okay.
I followed his recommendations for my E-3 and applied them as much as possible to my E-5 but I'd like a more specific guide.
I have recently tried turning noise reduction and filtering off entirely and I believe the shots at ISO 200 are sharper.
Maybe a list of people's experiences and preferences could be started.

I also bought my E-5 from Kerso in February for nearly 100 less than the current cheapest price I've found which is from Simplyelectronics.
I paid a small premium for using Paypal as well cash or cheque would have been even cheaper. Can't fault Kerso.