PDA

View Full Version : e3 & 11 - 22

Steve Roughley
27th March 2008, 08:14 PM
Some more photos from my Scotland trip.

Comments welcome.
http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/new%20web%20site/images/Etive%204.jpg

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/new%20web%20site/images/Glen%20Etive%20pool.jpg

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/new%20web%20site/images/Glen%20etive%20pool2%20sharp.jpg

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/new%20web%20site/images/Glen%20Etive%20%20sharp%201.jpg

Steve

brob108
27th March 2008, 11:33 PM
Utterly gorgeous Steve - fantastic scenery and beautifully captured. I particularly like the first and fourth images - excellent!

steverh
28th March 2008, 01:13 AM
Wow - that's it really! *yes

All good but the last two are my favourites.

PeterD
28th March 2008, 02:48 AM
Agree with the comments of the others. The last two work best for me. Its a pleasure to see such images of unspoilt countryside.

PeterD

theMusicMan
28th March 2008, 05:10 AM
Wow Steve - all fabulous images indeed. Did you use any stitching software to create #1 and #2 - those are superb and I only wish I could achieve such brilliant landscape shots.

Steve Roughley
28th March 2008, 08:09 AM
Wow Steve - all fabulous images indeed. Did you use any stitching software to create #1 and #2 - those are superb and I only wish I could achieve such brilliant landscape shots.

Hi John
Yes I use Auto pano cant fault it. Its got to be the easiest pano program I ever tried

Steve

ndl0071
28th March 2008, 08:12 AM
Fantastic shots, 1 & 4 for me:)

Btw on No4 is that the shadow of a tripod together with mounted camera in the lower left hand side?

knikki
28th March 2008, 08:55 AM
Wow really nice. That is one thing I like about the Olympus system is the natural colours you can get out of the machines :)

ewan
28th March 2008, 10:22 AM
Super images Steve. I like 2 and 4 best. *yes

andym
28th March 2008, 10:26 AM
really like number 4,the only thing is the shadow of the tripod and camera(I assume that what it is),looks like it could almost be a nice warm day.

Sorry just noticed ndl0071 noticed it too.

yorky
28th March 2008, 04:13 PM
Its not fair! Going to Scotland and having that lens? It would have been non stop rain had it been me! ! & 4 for my vote

OlyPaul
28th March 2008, 05:24 PM
A wonderfull set of images*yes

ianc
28th March 2008, 05:32 PM
Its not fair! Going to Scotland and having that lens? It would have been non stop rain had it been me! ! & 4 for my vote

What do you mean here in Gods Country the sun is always shining:D

Nice shots but a bit over saturated for my taste.

Ian C.

B.P.S Studios
28th March 2008, 05:32 PM
Fantastic 10 outa 10

Ian
28th March 2008, 05:57 PM
I think the first one is outstanding - the blue of that sky is to die for and the detail below is really crisp, espcially the ice in the corners!

Ian

snaarman
28th March 2008, 06:37 PM
I tell ya, if I ever produce images that good I will be well pleased with myself.

I do have the 11-22mm. For my tastes its rather big and heavy - but I am making myself take it on holiday..

So watch this space :-)

Pete

Steve Roughley
28th March 2008, 09:24 PM
Thank you for all the replies.
Yes its the tripod shadow in a couple of the photos. I tried to get my shadow out of shot but couldn't do much about the tripod.
I've been told I use to much saturation in my images before but I cant resist it. What can I say they look good on my monitor.
Now I only have to stop my printer banding and I can print some out.

Steve

PeterD
28th March 2008, 09:34 PM
Yes its the tripod shadow in a couple of the photos. I tried to get my shadow out of shot but couldn't do much about the tripod.
I've been told I use to much saturation in my images before but I cant resist it. What can I say they look good on my monitor.

Steve

Steve,

I hope you do not mind me asking but do you calibrate your monitor?

PeterD

theMusicMan
28th March 2008, 11:01 PM

Steve
Personally, I love the saturation levels in these fabulous images. It's all personal taste... great shots Steve, simply great shots. Probably the best I've seen on here.

Steve Roughley
28th March 2008, 11:56 PM
Steve,

I hope you do not mind me asking but do you calibrate your monitor?

PeterD

I dont mind you asking. Yes I calibrate my monitors with colorvision spider pro.
the only thing I dont seem happy with is the brightness level. what the calibration software recommends, seems to high to me. If I set it to the recomended I get eye strain and web pages are just to bright. also my printer never matches the brightness levels I see on the screen. So I adjust it manually so It looks right to me and matches the printer.

As far as the saturation levels in my photos go. I like them that way. I know not everyone sees them as realistic and a true representation of the scene at the time but thats just the way I like it.

I would like more comments from people about the saturation levels in my photos and I realy take onboard what they say. I guess it might just be a phase Im going through. You never know you might just talk me out of it lol.
I have found with the E3 and saturation set to 0 in camera, If I use a polarizer filter I dont have to change the sat levels all that much. The photos seem a lot more saturated than I ever got out of my E300.

Steve

Cicak
31st March 2008, 03:50 AM
Scotland....what a beautiful place... thanks for the beautiful pics...i must return to New Zealand again and goto Scotland.... i didnt get many stunnings shots when i was there in NZ a few years back:o was only equipped with a point and shoot:p