PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Screen calibration

petrovich
2nd April 2011, 11:20 AM
All.

I have calibrated my liyama Prolite E2409HDS monitor with my Spyder 3 express unit. Before I did this I reset my monitor to factory point and reset the Nvidia Control panel.
The Spyder icm. file is loaded into the video card and under windows colour management my screen,printer, scanner and whatever else have the Spyder file as default.
My question is when I set Lightroom or whatever software to use the Spyder ICM I get a large difference in colour. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to buy a colorimeter that has the printer option as well?
Should I alter all settings to Adobe RGB on I have used the colorimeter or not.

Any advice would be helpfull.

P.S. The printer is a Epson R285.

OlyPaul
2nd April 2011, 02:33 PM
You do not set your monitor profile as the working colour space in Adobe (or any other editing application come to that).

Adobe uses your spyder profile just to display the working space set in your Adobe application and you should not set the monitor profile as a working space.

And never never ever set your monitor profile as a output colour space. Which I think you must be doing in Lightroom as you cannot specify a working colour space in LR as it is automaticly ProPhoto RGB.

If you are having trouble getting your head around colour spaces and profiles, my advise is to set everything to srgb except your monitor profile.:)

By the way I have a R285 printer and get a exact match between print and the image displayed in LR and Elements.

petrovich
2nd April 2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks Paul, I am going to try that now.

Regards