PDA

View Full Version : April Fool - em no!!!

stevednp3
1st April 2011, 05:24 PM
I had a photo printed recently by photobox at A2 size as a present for my daughter to give to her Nan for mothers day, it turned up today and I was blown away by the printing quality.

This is the photo (my daughter)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/xboxparty3.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/19870)

So I took it up to a local frame shop this morning to have it framed and the shop owner was blown away too, so I was really chuffed :). There was also a few other customers in the shop and they came over to take a look too, they was all photographers and canoikons and I thought oh no here we go, but no they was the same and couldnt compliment the quality enough.

The photographers then asked what do I use and when I said an Olympus e-5 they just wouldnt believe me and thought I was winding them up for April Fool, but when they could see I was serious, it was so funny to see their faces turn serious and start scratching their heads, as they stated it looks full frame quality :D

I left some cards in the shop and when I went to pick up the frame in the afternoon, everyone who saw the photo took a card said the shop owner.

Sorry if this sounds boring, but this made me so happy today and such an acheivement for the e-5 without even trying *yes

Thanks for reading *chr

Ianf
1st April 2011, 05:29 PM
Thats one hell of a shot my good fellow !*yes*yes*yes be proud of that photo !

Chevvyf1
1st April 2011, 05:39 PM
WOW ! what a pretty lass and a great photo !

stevednp3
1st April 2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the comments both, it was the quality of the print that I was most impressed with. In this digital age I dont print many of my own photos and this has been the first print I have done from the e-5.

Its not my present to give, but I cant wait for my daughter to give it to my mother in law :):o

Zuiko
1st April 2011, 08:56 PM
I'm sure that they were blown away by the artistic quality of the print as well as the technical quality, nice one!

Maybe there's a few 7D's for sale on the Canon forums tonight, by Olympus switchers! :D

And you can just imagine some of the forum posts, "If Olympus can do it with 12mp on a f*rty little sensor why can't Canon do it with 18mp?" *laugh

BTW, Steve, I dare you to post this thread on TP. :D:D

benvendetta
1st April 2011, 10:06 PM
The sharpness of the eyes is very good. But it is not just about the E-5 - you gotta use it with the best glass.

stevednp3
2nd April 2011, 10:10 AM
The sharpness of the eyes is very good. But it is not just about the E-5 - you gotta use it with the best glass.

Yeah I agree, they work together so well and good glass is very important.

stevednp3
2nd April 2011, 10:14 AM
I'm sure that they were blown away by the artistic quality of the print as well as the technical quality, nice one!

Maybe there's a few 7D's for sale on the Canon forums tonight, by Olympus switchers! :D

And you can just imagine some of the forum posts, "If Olympus can do it with 12mp on a f*rty little sensor why can't Canon do it with 18mp?" *laugh

BTW, Steve, I dare you to post this thread on TP. :D:D

Thanks very much john, it would be a great thing to see if that happened :D

What's the tp address, I have no problem in shouting about the e-5 and oly glass ;)

OlyPaul
2nd April 2011, 03:11 PM
A very nice image Steve, and I am sure her Nan will be over the moon with it.:)

I have to say I have had a quite a few 20x16 inch prints done by Photobox (even from the E-1) and have always been pleased with the quality.

stevednp3
2nd April 2011, 03:25 PM
A very nice image Steve, and I am sure her Nan will be over the moon with it.:)

I have to say I have had a quite a few 20x16 inch prints done by Photobox (even from the E-1) and have always been pleased with the quality.

Thanks Paul, well we couldnt wait any longer and ended up giving it to her today and she was over the moon with it, so im in her good book for a while now :D :cool:

Yeah photobox are brill, I use them regulary for my clients prints, but this poster was the first personal print I have done in a long time. Im going to choose some more to get printed soon *yes

*chr