PDA

View Full Version : UNDERWATER HOUSINGS anyone?

Chevvyf1
31st March 2011, 09:09 PM
We are off on hols soon BUT I do not want to buy another camera and wonder if anyone here uses an underwater housing and has any recommendations ?

Melaka
1st April 2011, 07:16 AM
I used one with a C3040 some years ago. The results were good once you'd got used to the idea of using it all underwater. My daughter's boyfriend (who used the C3040 for a while) has a housing for his Canon G11 and has taken some good pix. I don't think housings are available for all E series. Mine came from eBay and went the same way when I'd finished with it.

Chevvyf1
1st April 2011, 08:06 AM
David thanks for this ! I am now looking at the "plastic bags" with special seals as I am thinking of taking an old E1 ! But I shall look at ebay !

Melaka
1st April 2011, 09:05 AM
If by 'plastic bag' you mean a stiff polycarbonate housing it's fine but most plastic bags are more splash than water proof and you wouldn't want to get salt water near an E1. One solution, which is what I did, is to buy an older camera with an older housing on eBay and then sell it on when you've finished. That way you're only 'hiring' it for your holdiay and it's much cheaper than buying a housing for a newer camera.

Chevvyf1
1st April 2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks David - just remembered Bro in law gave us an u/water camera and now looking for it - its 35mm film so that would be a hoot !:( if it works ! i am not really into water shots but there are nice fish about and anenomes - shame to miss them !