PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is in Cardiff this Saturday, 1st Dec...

theMusicMan
26th November 2007, 07:25 AM
... please feel free to join me and a few other togs who are having a fun day out... :)

A few members of another super forum I'm a member of - Talk Photography - are coming down to Cardiff this coming Saturday for a togging day out. I don't have specific times just yet, as I know they are traveling from afar so am unsure about their arrival time.

I am hoping to pop along and meet them around lunchtime, then staying for a few hours for wherever this takes us. You are more than welcome to come along at whichever time you happen to be around if you wish - doesn't matter if this is or just an hour or if it's for all day... it is your call entirely, and you'll me made most welcome.

Again, I am not sure of where the exact start/meeting point is for the day, nor am I presently aware of where/when they will be going to their different 'shoot' areas, but I do know they are wanting to take in the Castle & grounds, the town center for candids, the Cardiff Bay area (boats/sea/marina/people), the millennium center (beautiful buildings & where the BBC's Dr Who is made), as well as the river Taff in a last chance attempt to get some leaping Salmon as they find their way up river to spawn. Lots of subjects, and lots to shoot.

So, a fun, busy and very full day of photography is promised. There's only 2 or 3 people their all day, with maybe a few others (such as myself) tagging along at various points throughout the rest of the day. I am sure they will be stopping for food, beer and eats at some point too.

So, there you go... if you are interested please let me know, and as soon as I know the itinerary I shall let you all know.

theMusicMan
27th November 2007, 10:50 PM
Come on... dont be shy...:)

OK, it might be a little out of the way for many folk here, but there's a great day planned if anyone fancies a trip.

I am planning to be there with my 10yr old daughter Heather from around 10:30'ish, and am really looking forward to it. So don't be shy, if you fancy a good day togging... feel free to tag along... :)

emirpprime
27th November 2007, 11:05 PM
Ironically im closer than usual, as I will be just south east of Bristol, but annoyingly a full day of relative visiting!
Hope you get some takers for cross forum shenanigans!
Phil

theMusicMan
27th November 2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks Phil - either way I shall make sure I get some pics up here for you all to see... some of Heathers too.

I must ask her to register here as well...:)

rich s
27th November 2007, 11:19 PM
Come on... dont be shy...:)

OK, it might be a little out of the way for many folk here, but there's a great day planned if anyone fancies a trip.

I am planning to be there with my 10yr old daughter Heather from around 10:30'ish, and am really looking forward to it. So don't be shy, if you fancy a good day togging... feel free to tag along... :)

Sounds to be a great day!
But have only just found this site and am committed with two Christmas meals this Saturday - Loughborough and Birmingham! :eek: So Cardiff is stretching things a little.

Another time perhaps!

Rich S

theMusicMan
27th November 2007, 11:24 PM
Absolutely... thanks Rich.

You may want to keep an eye out for a Studio Model session I am trying to arrange for 15th December in Calne. More info soon... watch this space.

Ian
27th November 2007, 11:34 PM
... please feel free to join me and a few other togs who are having a fun day out... :)

A few members of another super forum I'm a member of - Talk Photography - are coming down to Cardiff this coming Saturday for a togging day out. I don't have specific times just yet, as I know they are traveling from afar so am unsure about their arrival time.

I am hoping to pop along and meet them around lunchtime, then staying for a few hours for wherever this takes us. You are more than welcome to come along at whichever time you happen to be around if you wish - doesn't matter if this is or just an hour or if it's for all day... it is your call entirely, and you'll me made most welcome.

Again, I am not sure of where the exact start/meeting point is for the day, nor am I presently aware of where/when they will be going to their different 'shoot' areas, but I do know they are wanting to take in the Castle & grounds, the town center for candids, the Cardiff Bay area (boats/sea/marina/people), the millennium center (beautiful buildings & where the BBC's Dr Who is made), as well as the river Taff in a last chance attempt to get some leaping Salmon as they find their way up river to spawn. Lots of subjects, and lots to shoot.

So, a fun, busy and very full day of photography is promised. There's only 2 or 3 people their all day, with maybe a few others (such as myself) tagging along at various points throughout the rest of the day. I am sure they will be stopping for food, beer and eats at some point too.

So, there you go... if you are interested please let me know, and as soon as I know the itinerary I shall let you all know.

Good luck with this, John - I'm afraid that while I'd love to join you, I'm committed elsewhere at the weekends for the rest of the year :(

Cardiff looks like a superb venue - the redevelopment looks very impressive (well it does on episodes of Torchwood :D)

I'm expecting some excellent shots!

Ian

rich s
27th November 2007, 11:35 PM

You may want to keep an eye out for a Studio Model session I am trying to arrange for 15th December in Calne. More info soon... watch this space.

That may well be on!

I shall be back in Blighty on the Friday from France - and gong to watch Daniel Smith's blues band playing locally that night (real foot stomping stuff!), but Calne isn't too far from here (Nottingham) and I'd love to attend a model session with the E3.

Keep me in touch.

theMusicMan
27th November 2007, 11:45 PM
Will do Rich.

I spoke with Ian and he is happy for me to promote this on here. I am arranging this on another forum (started doing it before Ian informed me about this site) hence wanting Ians permission to promote on here.

He has kindly agreed, and I will be placing some details here by the weekend.

rich s
11th December 2007, 11:19 PM

Hi

Any more info on the Studio Model session?
Thanks