PDA

View Full Version : Olympus hire gear missed the Japan quake by one day

Ian
18th March 2011, 05:50 PM
Some of our hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire) gear missed the Japan quake by one day according to one of our customers, a video production company that uses professional Panasonic HD video cameras that take Micro Four Thirds lenses. They use Olympus Pro and Top Pro lenses using a Four Thirds adapter. One of their guys was on assignment in Japan with some of our lenses and left Japan the day before the quake and tsunami. Our lenses have also been to India and to the Arctic...

Ian

Zuiko
18th March 2011, 07:46 PM
Some of our hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire) gear missed the Japan quake by one day according to one of our customers, a video production company that uses professional Panasonic HD video cameras that take Micro Four Thirds lenses. They use Olympus Pro and Top Pro lenses using a Four Thirds adapter. One of their guys was on assignment in Japan with some of our lenses and left Japan the day before the quake and tsunami. Our lenses have also been to India and to the Arctic...

Ian

Good job the build quality is robust as they seem to be experiencing many conditions throughout the World. The Artic in particular must be a good test. :)

Olympus can, can Canon? :D

Ian
5th April 2011, 09:51 AM
Good job the build quality is robust as they seem to be experiencing many conditions throughout the World. The Artic in particular must be a good test. :)

Olympus can, can Canon? :D

A couple of our lenses have been taken by hire customers (that we know of!) above the Arctic Circle :)

Ian

AndyMor
17th May 2011, 06:54 PM
Regarding the polar regions; I have taken (my own) 14-42 and 70-300 to both the Arctic (twice) and Antarctica, along with an e-510. All performed without a hitch for thousands of shots, even survived freezing weather plus getting a bit damp in the rain and salty aboard ship, and they still work fine. I would hire a brighter weatherproof lens if I was going again, now I know it is possible! If you are going to such wonderful places, take the Oly kit.

Ian
18th May 2011, 08:45 AM
Regarding the polar regions; I have taken (my own) 14-42 and 70-300 to both the Arctic (twice) and Antarctica, along with an e-510. All performed without a hitch for thousands of shots, even survived freezing weather plus getting a bit damp in the rain and salty aboard ship, and they still work fine. I would hire a brighter weatherproof lens if I was going again, now I know it is possible! If you are going to such wonderful places, take the Oly kit.

We'll be only too pleased to assist! :)

Ian