PDA

View Full Version : First Video Attempt on E-5

stevednp3
15th March 2011, 07:06 PM
First proper go at filming with a DSLR, filmed on an Olympus E-5 with a 12-60 and 35mm Macro Lens, Edited using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

I do love the video the e-5 produces through the Zuiko lenes, its lovely :D

Focusing is not the best though and I found manual focus is the way to go, for the usual family clips I think I'll be sticking to my traditional Sony HandyCam, but if I want to be creative and have time and patience to get the focusing right, then the E-5 is what I'll be using *yes

There is tons of creative possibilities when combining different focal lengths and the art filters :cool:

Xbox360 and Kinect Startup Sequence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkw_BKMGuw&hd=1

Ian
16th March 2011, 10:06 AM
Yes there is no support for continuous AF on the E-5 in video mode and SWD lenses would snap focus far too fast for comfortable video viewing. However, you can refocus during a take by half pressing the shutter release, which can be useful.

Ian

stevednp3
16th March 2011, 10:46 AM
Yes there is no support for continuous AF on the E-5 in video mode and SWD lenses would snap focus far too fast for comfortable video viewing. However, you can refocus during a take by half pressing the shutter release, which can be useful.

Ian

Cheers Ian, Yes that makes sense with the SWD lenses, im happy enough with manual focus anyway and as you say I can always trigger the shutter if I need it to focus quicker *chr