PDA

View Full Version : Welding glass advice

bazza2764
13th March 2011, 07:41 PM
Hi All, i have fnally managed to obtain a wedling glass and have attached it to a cokin lens attachment, now.... when i take a shot i kno wi have to focus it first, then attach the filter, but how do i get rid of the green cast......i shoot in raw, but changing the white balance in raw doesnt correct it. what am i doing wrong? is there a way of setting the white balance in the camera first to allow for the cast?

David Gethin
13th March 2011, 08:23 PM
Barry

Shooting in raw and adjusting the WB is the easiest and most flexible way of doing this.

I didn't shoot enough to see what settings I would use for different light situations but on a light, slightly hazy day I found the following worked for the most part in Lightroom to give me a good starting point for further colour adjustments:

Temp: 4800K
Tint: 140

*chr

photonutter
13th March 2011, 08:31 PM
You can set a manual white balance with a grey card, or white paper, (may have to change the function button to do this) check the manual for your camera, under one touch WB.

MotoCroz
14th March 2011, 09:44 AM
Just tried the temp 4800 and tint 140 on one of my pics and worked quite well, but my dream picture still looked better in b&w. I found it easier to mount my welding glass to a piece of sleeping foam with a 58mm hole cut in, this cut out all the reflections I kept getting and it was quicker to focus etc then slip it on. My welding glass wouldnt slide into its cokin slot easily did you modify yours.