PDA

View Full Version : E-5 hire - update, limited availability

Ian
28th February 2011, 10:46 AM
We have a number of enquiries for the E-5 - surprise surprise! E-5s are still on back order and there doesn't seem to be any firm indication of when the next batch will come in.

But I do have an E-5 - it's my own - and I am prepared to let this one go into our loan stock in order to satisfy some of the demand. It's a business decision and one to support e-group members - it works both ways!

I will work out pricing shortly and as we only have the one, we may ask prospective customers to limit their hire periods.

People who have already been in touch will have priority and the camera will be made available shortly after Focus on Imaging (where it will be used by Olympus staff for demo purposes) next week.

I'm not yet sure if the offer of a rebate on the hire we have run in the past for try before you buy will be applicable, but I will clarify in due course.

If you are interested (whether or not you have previously registered interest) please contact Julia via hire@e-group.uk.net.

It's not ideal, but I feel I can at least please some people!

Ian

benvendetta
28th February 2011, 01:00 PM
Any further details about Oly presence at the NEC Ian?

Zuiko
28th February 2011, 02:00 PM
That's very generous Ian, if I had an E-5 it would be mine, all mine and nobody else's! :D

I may want to hire eventually but I'm not in a hurry, won't be able to afford one anytime soon in any case. :(

Says something when Olympus staff have to borrow yours for the show! :rolleyes:

Ian
28th February 2011, 03:10 PM
Any further details about Oly presence at the NEC Ian?

No more than I said previously really; there will be a small studio set up on the Bright Publishing stand, and some Olympus staff on hand to help demo gear on some of the big dealers' stands.

Ian

benvendetta
1st March 2011, 01:32 PM
You don't happen to have any wind of Oly bargains do you? :D
Jacobs had some great lens deals last year.

Ian
1st March 2011, 03:43 PM

Sorry, no idea. Best contact them directly I'd have thought?

Ian

benvendetta
1st March 2011, 06:17 PM
Think that I will just wait and see. Not got much spare wonga anyway :(.

cinders
1st March 2011, 08:37 PM

The Cardiff branch of Jacobs seems to have pretty much dropped the E-series. I don't know if that's true elsewhere!
:mad:

benvendetta
1st March 2011, 10:40 PM
The Cardiff branch of Jacobs seems to have pretty much dropped the E-series. I don't know if that's true elsewhere!
:mad:

Yes, I thought that when I went in there a week or two back. But there was loads of ZD lenses on their stand last year and hopefully the same again this weekend *yes.

cinders
2nd March 2011, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping to get along on Monday - but just having had to order a new (2nd hand) saddle for my horse I'm going to have to be very careful about not getting into temptation!

Cathrine Stephansen
4th March 2011, 10:55 AM
Well, for anyone waiting for an E5: It's definately worth waiting for. I can't praise the E5 enough.

I hope they sell loads of them, and have at least one good entry-level camera and a "medium-range" one for years to come.

Come on, Oly - get back into the ring! :D

Nova Invicta
8th March 2011, 10:54 PM
Was at Focus on Imaging at NEC today was very disappointed Jacobs didnt really have Olympus gear and no one really had a good selection of lenses (I wanted to purchase the new 14-42mm MK2 only available with a camera purchase the MK1 version rotates which is useless for the LEE R75 filter holder) I did purchase the VF-2 finally and they did have the Penpal which only works on the E-PL2.
Looks like mail order from Park Cameras

Ian
30th March 2011, 11:23 AM
Surprisingly, we've only had one confirmed hire booking for the E-5. Anyway, Olympus UK is expecting the next E-5 batch in at the end of next month.

Ian

Wee man
30th March 2011, 01:20 PM
I can only find the Feb 2010 hire list from your links can you direct me to the list with prices for the E5? It seems the only way I will ever get to touch one is to maybe hire one as no retail outlets I can find in N. Ireland have one to go and try one out.

Ian
30th March 2011, 01:54 PM
I can only find the Feb 2010 hire list from your links can you direct me to the list with prices for the E5? It seems the only way I will ever get to touch one is to maybe hire one as no retail outlets I can find in N. Ireland have one to go and try one out.

It's not on the full price list at the moment - sorry about that, but we did have a rush of enquiries about the E-5 when I announced we had one available, but only one enquiry resulted in a booking. This might have been because of unavailability in retail, probably meaning most people wanted to try before buying. Hopefully this will change next month!

Get in touch directly and we will give you a quote for the E-5, although it's out for most of the next two weeks now.

Ian

wanderer
30th March 2011, 02:45 PM
Congratulations another one passes 4000 posts!*chr

What a lot of blethering Skites. (Another Scots word not a misstype):D

Zuiko
30th March 2011, 03:07 PM
Congratulations another one passes 4000 posts!*chr

What a lot of blethering Skites. (Another Scots word not a misstype):D

I've been called worse! :p Didn't realize I was ahead of Ian in post count, though. Definitely too much time on my hands. :o

Wee man
31st March 2011, 03:14 PM
Ian did PM you re E5. And while I am on has the world ended whilst I was out off the room? Calendar seems stuck on December 2010