PDA

View Full Version : Silkypix installation problem.

Jim Ford
22nd March 2008, 06:36 PM
I've heard good reports of Silkypix and have decided to give it a try. Unfortunately I've not been able to install it - getting the 'The wizard was interrupted before installation was completed' message. I've tried every fix I've found on the net - specifically those relating to 'Impersonate a Client' and Dcom security settings, without success.

What gives with Silkypix - I've never had problems with software installation before?
Ideas, anyone - please?

Jim

andym
22nd March 2008, 06:42 PM
Have been using Silkypix for over a year now.really like to colours it gives from ORF's and the interface.

I had no trouble with the downloads.Are you running Vista??
One of the reasons when I upgraded my Pc I chose to run Xp is had herd bad things about all the security setting on Vista.

Jim Ford
22nd March 2008, 07:50 PM
I had no trouble with the downloads.Are you running Vista??

No, I'm running XP. Silkypix is the only program I've ever had problems with installing!

Jim

andym
22nd March 2008, 08:06 PM
Very strange,firewall settings????

Jim Ford
22nd March 2008, 09:09 PM
Very strange,firewall settings????

I wouldn't think so - I've got a 'Leaf' router/firewall that uses Linux IPTables. It'll allow connections established from the internal network. No dropped entries appeared in the log when attempting to install Silkypix.

Jim

Scapula Memory
22nd March 2008, 09:13 PM
Corrupt installation file?

Jim Ford
22nd March 2008, 09:31 PM
Corrupt installation file?

I've downloaded the file a couple of times. Also the file is available at a two sites and I've tried them both.

Jim

Nick Temple-Fry
23rd March 2008, 12:10 AM
You may find this link useful

http://blogs.technet.com/richard_macdonald/archive/2007/04/02/How-to-Interpret-Windows-Installer-Logs.aspx

At least to get the information Silkypix would need for analysis

Nick

OlyPaul
4th April 2008, 03:56 PM
I've installed and run silkypix on XP and now Vista and both with a firewall with no problems.