PDA

View Full Version : I've gone and done it

Danny
25th February 2011, 09:16 AM
I've just taken the plunge and ordered my E-5. Looking at the reviews, test shots and, more than anything the noise handling, I'm well looking to forward to not having to wait until its sunny to go out and take pics like I had to do with the 620/bigma combo :)

Its purely for wildlife, and some portraits/events as favours, nothing out of the ordinary. I just can't wait til it arrives! It was oredred on Weds, and went form ordered to "packed" on the site today. So thats a good sign.

Will post more when she arrives

Danny

ringneck
25th February 2011, 12:30 PM
Will post more when she arrives

Danny

Feminine ??...I always though HE was a big robust sort of a chap.

Congrats and have fun.

Keith (jealous)

andym
25th February 2011, 12:50 PM
Danny

You won't regret it.looking forward to seeing some of your bird pics.
Works very well with the 50-500.I get very good results up to ISO 2000.

Danny
26th February 2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks all, can't wait now! I presume I'll have a steep learning curve coming from the e620?

paullus
26th February 2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Danny.
Congratulations, I'm sure you will be extremely happy with your E5. I love mine.
I upgraded to the E3 from the E620 and I must admit to missing that little beauty just for its size or more to the point its lack of size compared to the E3/E5.
I didn't have much difficulty adapting to the E3, the only thing that stands out is the lack of a mode dial but you will quickly become used to that.
I do however miss a couple of the buttons that the E3 has but the E5 hasn't, in particular the IS button. I know the Fn button can be programmed but I'm not that bothered really.
Cheers.

Danny
28th February 2011, 12:39 PM
Currently charging my e5 battery in anticipation of my first outing....... :D

Kiwi Paul
28th February 2011, 03:22 PM
"Woo hoo" exciting times, enjoy.

Paul

Danny
28th February 2011, 03:34 PM
Just, back - processing the images and video now......what a camera - its a joy to use, I just hope these images come out ok :)

paullus
28th February 2011, 04:33 PM
Nice one Danny, you sure didn't waste any time.
Quick delivery too. Where did you buy it from as a matter of interest.

Danny
28th February 2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the support :)

@Paullus, I got it from Simply Electronics - they emailed me this morning and said that I should have my camera today because they upgraded my delivery to next business day instead of 2-7 business days for free, which I think is awesome of them. Will buy there again no problem.