PDA

View Full Version : Anyone printed out Wrotniak's E3 article?

Jim Ford
22nd March 2008, 03:06 PM
No matter how small I make the page margins, the RH edge of the text gets cropped. This happens in IE and Firefox.

I see this sometimes with other web pages - why is this and
does anyone have any 'workarounds', please?

Jim

Chillimonster
22nd March 2008, 03:18 PM
Would printing to a PDF then scaling the page to fit work?

Usually gets me out of a similar situation, and there are plenty of free PDF generators.

Invicta
22nd March 2008, 06:46 PM
Is that his "Technical Rview"?

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e3-rev.html

I tried printing the first two pages from IE7 and they came out fine. Are you using IE7? If so using the print icon should be OK as the margin issue was something MS fixed in IE7.

DerekW
22nd March 2008, 07:21 PM
I think he means the settings document
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e3-sett.html

I could get a decent print by using Safari web browser and printing to either direct to paper or to a PDF document and then printing the PDF document.

I could not get a decent print or PDF document when printing from Firefox that showed the full line length.

Invicta
22nd March 2008, 07:27 PM
I think he means the settings document
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e3-sett.html

I could get a decent print by using Safari web browser and printing to either direct to paper or to a PDF document and then printing the PDF document.

I could not get a decent print or PDF document when printing from Firefox that showed the full line length.

Ah yes that doc would make sense, just tried that one as well and no issues printing the first two pages using IE7. Is it all pages or later ones that are causing an issue?

Jim Ford
22nd March 2008, 07:31 PM

I've now installed the 'Loop PDF' plugin for Firefox, which works OK. Converting to PDF is a round-about way to print web pages. I don't know why printing from Firefox doesn't print 'as displayed' - it seems an irritating bug to me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jim

RogerMac
22nd March 2008, 08:58 PM
This happens to me on a lot of web pages and I normally just select landscape print to avoid the problem. Unfortunately it does use more paper

R MacE
22nd March 2008, 09:40 PM
I've used that method myself. The version of Internet Ex that I'm using now scales pages down to fit, unfortunately sometimes it scales them down too far and the text ends up really small.

peak4
23rd March 2008, 10:56 AM
Morning Folks, I've not actually printed it, but I've done a print preview in Opera, which shows it would be fine for printing. I use Opera for almost all my printing of web pages as it seems to do the job better than anything else.
It's well worth a try as a general purpose browser if you've not had a play with it yet.

Solar
17th April 2008, 03:39 PM
I printed it out ... can't remember if I just cut/pasted into Word or made it into a PDF and printed (because I have both a Word and PDF of it) ... and it printed just fine.

It's like my official manual now for this camera.

Joop
3rd July 2008, 01:28 AM
Put all the articles about the E-3 together with a cover and an index. Did it with OS/2-eCS and FireFox 3.0. Now I have a pdf, there is only one but....its 44Mb+ and 118 pages.