PDA

View Full Version : filters on 7-14

Bobpatchcott
23rd February 2011, 09:24 PM
Hi all
Iv'e just ordered a 7-14 from kerso for a very good price as Iv'e decided to improve my range of lens's and wait a while for the E-5,
I like the idea of using filters on this lens and was wondering if anyone knew of anyone who stocked the Hitech filter holders featured elsewhere on the forum.
cheers
Bob *chr

dj69
23rd February 2011, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure there is a filter holder suitable for the 7-14 Bob. If there is it's news to me. I know there have been various workarounds posted.

David

benvendetta
23rd February 2011, 10:12 PM
I remember seeing something last year that someone had made using a spare 7-14 lens cap in combination with a large Cokin style filter holder. Seemed to work reasonably well.
Otherwise it is a case of doing without and compensating using Photoshop.

dj69
23rd February 2011, 10:20 PM
Ahh that's the one I saw Dave

Andrew Riddell
23rd February 2011, 10:35 PM
If I'm thinking of the same thing, the potential problem was the cut-offs in the corners of the shots since the adapted lens cap would block the cut-outs in the built-in lens hood. Obviously, this might not matter depending on the shooter's needs/imtentions.

Andrew

Bobpatchcott
23rd February 2011, 10:45 PM
I remember seeing something last year that someone had made using a spare 7-14 lens cap in combination with a large Cokin style filter holder. Seemed to work reasonably well.
Otherwise it is a case of doing without and compensating using Photoshop.

Thats what I was referring to, the post I read said the hitech 100mm holder was a perfect fit for the outside of the lens cap which is why I asked for a stockist rather than perhaps wasting money [ I don't have much left now] on something else.
thanks for the quick response.
cheers
Bob:D

David M
23rd February 2011, 11:24 PM
Another option is Cokin, they make a universal ring for their X-pro series that has screw clamps that may work;

http://www.cokin.com/ico15/ico15-haut.html?=#x

I had an X-Pro ND grad on order from a Canadian dealer for 18 months before giving up on the experiment. I was planning on holding the filter in front of the lens to see if it would work before buying the filter holder and universal ring.

Mar
3rd June 2011, 07:39 PM
Have a look here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=36893455

francois
3rd June 2011, 11:17 PM
Very ingenious! Thanks for the link.

Bobpatchcott
4th June 2011, 02:37 PM
Have a look here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=36893455

Hi Mar,
I had seen this before but thought it a bit of a bodge, and as the price of the lens cap alone in the UK seems to be 80-90 not a very cheap one at that.
I have put the idea on hold for now and wait and see what Lee comes up with at the moment they make a kit for the Nikon 14-24 which takes 150mm filters, and should allow for the full 7mm coverage, it will need an adapter of some sort but it looks possible.
I realize of course that it will be even more expensive but I will wait and see what happens when Lee catches up with the high demand for their current production items.*shrug*shrug:D

Regards Bob