PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to my E5....

paullus
19th February 2011, 05:01 PM
...I was able to keep my promise to photograph my son with his team as they installed their first photoelectric solar panel array on the roof of a house in Toddington. He has just started this business and wanted some photos for his website. The weather duly obliged by absolutely throwing it down with rain.
However I was able to capture all of the images he wanted without having to worry that I was going to ruin my camera in the process.
Thank you Olympus for the E5:D

JohnGG
20th February 2011, 12:40 AM
The weather sealing is very reassuring! I fell in a stream a couple of years ago and totally immersed my E-3/EC-14/50-200SWD as well as dunting the lens hood on a rock :o

Once I'd picked myself up I just wiped the worst of the water off the camera and it carried on as if nothing had happened *yes

Cheers,

JohnGG

Wally
20th February 2011, 09:07 AM
I quite agree, just returned from a Northern Norway trip hunting the Aurora with their usual good weather -8 degrees, driving rain, sleet and snow on board a ship doing 14 knots into a 20 knot wind with a wind chill factor that had wicked willy trembling with fear. My e-3 never flinched while others were running for cover.

Cathrine Stephansen
21st February 2011, 11:51 PM
I quite agree, just returned from a Northern Norway trip hunting the Aurora with their usual good weather -8 degrees, driving rain, sleet and snow on board a ship doing 14 knots into a 20 knot wind with a wind chill factor that had wicked willy trembling with fear. My e-3 never flinched while others were running for cover.

Reasonably good weather, by any standards :D!

Ian
24th February 2011, 09:57 PM

How did it go? With the much-publicised solar flares recently, I hope you were fortunate and got a good display :)

Ian