PDA

View Full Version : PRIZE COMPETITION THEME**Odd One Out* DISCUSSION THREAD*

kerso
14th February 2011, 03:21 AM
THis is the thread for discussing the prize competition. Please leave the competition thread for images only.
Competition is at
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?p=102763#post102763

kerso
14th February 2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks StephenL for the first entry, great colours.

Ellie
1st March 2011, 03:46 PM
I'd like to check, please, that images submitted don't have to be either brand new or to have been taken within any particular time frame (i.e. mid February - 5th March 2011), the only criteria being that they should have been taken with an e-system camera and the shutter pressed by whoever is submitting the entry.

kerso
1st March 2011, 09:05 PM
I am happy that as long as you took photo you can enter, no time limit. I'd like to check, please, that images submitted don't have to be either brand new or to have been taken within any particular time frame (i.e. mid February - 5th March 2011), the only criteria being that they should have been taken with an e-system camera and the shutter pressed by whoever is submitting the entry.

kerso
1st March 2011, 09:36 PM
AAGH going to be difficult to judge!

stevednp3
1st March 2011, 11:57 PM
A lot of good entries submitted, good luck everyone ;)

Chevvyf1
7th March 2011, 01:09 PM
What fun ! I am new here and love ALL these odd one out entries !

kerso
7th March 2011, 03:43 PM
Will make a decision this week, won't be easy!

RogerMac
7th March 2011, 06:09 PM
I would just like to say thank you to Kerso for organising and sponsoring this competition. Whatever the outcome I enjoyed planning and taking my entry so I am very grateful to him

Roger

The Technician
21st March 2011, 11:38 AM
Has the winner been announced yet :D

Garrie
12th April 2011, 05:08 PM
hmm I don't think so.

Just checked and Kerso has not been online since 8th March 2011. Does anyone know if he is okay?

stoates
12th April 2011, 05:25 PM
hmm I don't think so.

Just checked and Kerso has not been online since 8th March 2011. Does anyone know if he is okay?

I have just bought an E5 from him in the last week and had an email on Sunday night so I imagine everything fine.

stevednp3
12th April 2011, 06:27 PM
I forgot all about this, so I assume no winner has been picked yet ?

StephenL
1st May 2011, 02:42 PM
No decision yet??

Falk
20th June 2011, 01:26 PM
Is this one done or still in progress? Would really want to know where I ended up with my entry.

Kerso, are you all right?! I certainly hope so!

kerso
22nd June 2011, 09:40 PM
VERY VERY Sorry for delay with this been so busy and was away for 6 weeks, will close this up this week and send out prizes. Ian.

RogerMac
9th August 2011, 03:24 PM
Even if the prize has softly and suddenly vanished away it would be nice to have the cometition judged

Roger

Garrie
13th December 2011, 06:48 PM
Wonder where Kerso disappeared too :confused:

StephenL
13th December 2011, 06:50 PM
Maybe he and Ian have eloped? :eek::eek:

stevednp3
13th December 2011, 07:02 PM
Wonder where Kerso disappeared too :confused:

Ah yes that was another competition that never materialised :mad:

Garrie
22nd May 2012, 08:24 PM
WTF!! Sorry for being vulgar, but really...

I've bought from Kerso and he seemed a good guy, I'm shocked he hasn't honoured this competition, makes me wonder about buying stuff from in future if something goes wrong.

Perhaps something in background has gone on that we don't know, however it wouldn't take much for this to be communicated to us :)

Any thoughts/updates?! Perhaps we could get someone else to judge this, just so we have a result (prizes aren't important, entering is)

All the best
Garrie

Janet
22nd May 2012, 08:58 PM
I'd totally forgotten about this one...

Janet

benvendetta
22nd May 2012, 09:10 PM
I'd totally forgotten about this one...

Janet

I forgot to enter *sob

crimbo
22nd May 2012, 09:18 PM
WTF!! Sorry for being vulgar, but really...

I've bought from Kerso and he seemed a good guy, I'm shocked he hasn't honoured this competition, makes me wonder about buying stuff from in future if something goes wrong.

Perhaps something in background has gone on that we don't know, however it wouldn't take much for this to be communicated to us :)

Any thoughts/updates?! Perhaps we could get someone else to judge this, just so we have a result (prizes aren't important, entering is)

All the best
Garrie

Naaa! kerso is just honouring the form for any comps on this board...they take a looong time to come to fruition....but eventually....

Garrie
22nd May 2012, 10:41 PM
Naaa! kerso is just honouring the form for any comps on this board...they take a looong time to come to fruition....but eventually....

To be fair, the comps on this Forum are normally okay, Ian has a lot of work so it justified, this is just poor performance that has NO REFLECTION on the the E-Forum :)

I can understand the ins and outs of legal stuff, but this thread start in Feb 2011!

stevednp3
23rd May 2012, 09:19 AM
I agree, it would be nice for someone to judge the photos, just so we can have an outcome for everyone that entered *chr

Chevvyf1
23rd May 2012, 09:37 AM
Where are the entries ? can they be uploaded so that we can all vote ?

StephenL
23rd May 2012, 03:49 PM
I'm afraid Ian Kerr hasn't done himself any favours over this. That's one customer he's lost anyway - one who has spent a good few thousands with him on both Canon and Olympus stuff over the years. I always thought he was trustworthy and good to deal with - unless there are reasons behind the scenes. But we should have been kept informed.

Chevvyf1
23rd May 2012, 03:51 PM
Stephen, I am so glad I bottled out of an E-5 from him :eek: I felt the 2 yr UK Warranty was worth the little bit extra :D

RogerMac
23rd May 2012, 05:58 PM
Stephen, I am so glad I bottled out of an E-5 from him :eek: I felt the 2 yr UK Warranty was worth the little bit extra :D

Me too - decided to go to Park in the end

Roger

Garrie
23rd December 2012, 08:30 PM
WTF!! Really! We gonna get closure or what!

I'd apply to Ian to do something if possible? Tis a shame! Why not just delete the posts as they are a stain on what is a great forum!

Cheers
Garrie

crimbo
23rd December 2012, 10:32 PM
No...it is normal for the forum...the Olympus limited edition book with pictures from the E and PEN series....

David M
23rd December 2012, 11:54 PM
I thought it was supposed to be 2 books, one for the E-System and one for the Pens. I didn't realise they'd never been published.

dbutch
23rd December 2012, 11:57 PM
I believe there may have been an issue with Kerso advertising on here (the site is sponsored by olympus uk)
entries were in ths thread
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13119&page=2

Dave

benvendetta
24th December 2012, 09:17 AM
I thought it was supposed to be 2 books, one for the E-System and one for the Pens. I didn't realise they'd never been published.

Different competition. The one with the books as prizes was the one run by this site and although the winners were announced (I was one of them) I don't ever recall hearing any more or actually receiving anything.

David M
24th December 2012, 12:51 PM
I think the book competition was run by Ian and Olympus as it was also being promoted on 4/3 User. With 2 books being published, one with the best of the 4/3 shots and one with the best of the m4/3 shots. With being off line after the lightning strike I didn't realise the books hadn't appeared.