PDA

View Full Version : other question

Roberta
8th February 2011, 08:52 PM
I've now got the lense bug.............
and 50-200mm refurbrished all up from the states approx $450 (Au) versus a used on that place for $520 all up. Just don't like the idea of something being shaken and stirred accross the pacific or am I paranoid.
Roberta

JohnGG
9th February 2011, 12:11 AM
I guess it all depends on how well the lens is going to be packed and you'll not know that until you get it or unless you've used that supplier before :confused:

When you think about it, most of the kit we buy has made multiple journeys from factory to distributor, distributor to reseller or country agent, etc etc. I have bought a lot of second-hand kit via mail order over the years and, touch wood, have never had an item damaged in transit. It's only natural to be concerned but as long as you are buying from a reputable company and have some form of buyer protection, and the option of a return if damaged, you should be safe.

Cheers,

JohnGG

Nick Temple-Fry
9th February 2011, 12:22 AM
By the time it got to the States it was already a seasoned traveller.

Actually the real risk is probably the last 40-50 miles as it is driven too fast, by a hung over driver, over potholed roads bouncing around in the back of a van.

Nick