PDA

View Full Version : E-System User Group & FTU Meet - SNOWDROPS

Zuiko
5th February 2011, 08:19 PM
It's long overdue for me to arrange a forum meet so with Spring (hopefully) just around the corner I thought I'd arrange one for the Snowdrop season.

Sunday 20th February

12 noon to 4 pm

at The Gardens of Easton Lodge (near Dunmow, Essex)

The Gardens are famed for their Snowdrop display and there is much else of interest, too. Entrance fee is 2.50 (children free) and light refreshments willl be available (soup, cakes and hot drinks).

More information: http://www.eastonlodge.co.uk/content/?page_id=15

Please let me know if you are interested. :)

andym
5th February 2011, 08:46 PM
As you probably know I love Snowdrops.

Taken this afternoon.
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/P2058995.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=30666)

I think my daughters home from Uni that weekend so I may be a taxi service but I'll try my best to be there.
I'm away in the low countries next week and will confirm the week after.*chr

Zuiko
5th February 2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks Andy, nice shot! :)

yorky
6th February 2011, 11:46 AM
We have even got then out here in Yorkshire
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/30673

the4ts
6th February 2011, 04:25 PM
I don't suppose there is anyone planning on going from North or West London? I don't drive and this would be a little difficult to get to using public transport. Would be willing to help out with petrol costs!

Hazel

The Saint
6th February 2011, 05:37 PM
I've got the mother-in-law staying that weekend, so I'm unlikely to be allowed out to play.

Pity as it's only just down the road.

Simon

Ian
7th February 2011, 09:38 AM
I don't suppose there is anyone planning on going from North or West London? I don't drive and this would be a little difficult to get to using public transport. Would be willing to help out with petrol costs!

Hazel

I could be interested in going to this one. May be able to offer lifts (am based in Hemel Hempstead, so North/North West London might be ok to detour).

Ian

Garrie
7th February 2011, 12:38 PM
Oh I'm so tempted aswell, if I'm welcome?

Flights from Glasgow to standstead return are only 51 return :) I'd need to blag a lift to and from the airport but can offer petrol monies.

Anyone else from Scotland fancy it?

Zuiko
7th February 2011, 05:05 PM
Oh I'm so tempted aswell, if I'm welcome?

Flights from Glasgow to standstead return are only 51 return :) I'd need to blag a lift to and from the airport but can offer petrol monies.

Anyone else from Scotland fancy it?

Blimey, that's a long way to come for snowdrops but you'd be more than welcome. I can pick you up from Stansted no problem! It'd be great to meet you, Garrie. *chr

P.S. I'm also planning to run a Buttercup day at Hatfield Forest in late May. That truely is spectacular and the weather should be warmer! :)

The Saint
7th February 2011, 05:21 PM
Of all the weekends, why did the mother-in-law chose this one! Would have been good to have met up.

I'd also be interested in the Hatfield Forest for the buttercups, if you can give me as much notice as possible and I'll put something in the diary.

The Bluebells in Danbury woods are also meant to be very good!

Simon

Xpres
7th February 2011, 06:41 PM
I'll try and get there John if I've a free afternoon. Might not be until one or two'ish though due to kids activities in the morning.
@Garrie - I could pick you up - depends on arrival times though.

the4ts
7th February 2011, 07:27 PM
I could be interested in going to this one. May be able to offer lifts (am based in Hemel Hempstead, so North/North West London might be ok to detour).

Ian
Oh, do let me know if you do decide to come along! Am happy to meet at a convenient point, if it helps.

Thank you,

Hazel

Garrie
7th February 2011, 07:29 PM
Blimey, that's a long way to come for snowdrops but you'd be more than welcome. I can pick you up from Stansted no problem! It'd be great to meet you, Garrie. *chr

Reet, I'm hoovering over the Easyjet book button the now :-) Yeah I would be great to meet you too!

Are you sure that would be okay? Flights are not too bad, I get to Stanstead at 10:30am so I can bum about for a bit and the outbound flight is at 21:00, so I can bum about the Airport for a few hours :)

Garrie
7th February 2011, 07:46 PM
I'm all booked. Hopefully I should see you all on Sunday the 20th *yes

Really looking forward to it. Plus I know a cool derelict Asylum if anyone fancies it lol :)

PeterBirder
7th February 2011, 08:16 PM
Hi John, would have loved to join you but unfortunately have prior commitments.

Like Simon I would certainly be interested in a Hatfield Forest meet with a little advance notice.

Hope you all have a great time.
Regards

Zuiko
7th February 2011, 08:34 PM
Reet, I'm hoovering over the Easyjet book button the now :-) Yeah I would be great to meet you too!

Are you sure that would be okay? Flights are not too bad, I get to Stanstead at 10:30am so I can bum about for a bit and the outbound flight is at 21:00, so I can bum about the Airport for a few hours :)

That's brilliant, no need to wait around at Stansted, I'll be there to meet your plane and, of course, I'll make sure I get you back for your return flight! *chr

Garrie
7th February 2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks John. Sent you a PM.

Now we need to twist Ian's arm to attend with some loverly Zuiko Glass, especially the 35 - 100 that I'm keen to rent *yes

Zuiko
8th February 2011, 05:47 PM
Bumpity Bump. :)

Andrew Riddell
9th February 2011, 11:41 PM
Weather (and student demands!) permitting, I'd like to be there.

Regards,

Andrew

Zuiko
10th February 2011, 08:13 PM
JUST TO RECAP

Definites so far

Myself

Garrie

Possibles

Andy (Andym)

Ian

Hazel (the4ts) - depending on available lift if Ian is comming

Tudor (Xpres)

Andrew Riddell

Anyone else interested? :)

Zuiko
11th February 2011, 05:08 PM
It was rather murky when I drove my daughter to school this morning but I took the Pen with me anyway. I was glad I did because on the way home the sun broke through briefly, just as I was passing a clump of roadside snowdrops which I hadn't noticed before. I certainly didn't expect this picture!

It's whetted my anticipation for the Meet next weekend - the snowdrops at Easton Lodge should be at their best!

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/GT_EASTON_SNOWDROPS_031_e_r_s.jpg

andym
12th February 2011, 11:43 AM
John

Sorry I'm going to have to dip out of this one,I am as I feared my daughters taxi service to get her back to Worcester that afternoon.:mad:

Hope to be at Hatfield forest though.*yes

Zuiko
12th February 2011, 02:45 PM
John

Sorry I'm going to have to dip out of this one,I am as I feared my daughters taxi service to get her back to Worcester that afternoon.:mad:

Hope to be at Hatfield forest though.*yes

That's OK Andy, hope to see you in May. :)

Garrie
12th February 2011, 11:58 PM
Hey,

It would be great to meet up with a few E Group members, hoping we can get a few more folks together? :)

Zuiko
15th February 2011, 09:07 PM
Well, It's still only Garrie and me who are absolute definites. I'm hoping a few more will come along to help make the trip down from Scotland worthwhile for Garrie.

Just to recap, possibles at the moment are:-

Andrew Riddell
Ian
Xpress (Tudor)
the4ts (Hazel) - if Ian is coming and able to provide a lift
Peter H (from FTU)

Any others will be really welcome, it's a lovely venue with much of interest in the gardens as well as the snowdrops for which it is rightly famed.

Xpres
15th February 2011, 10:07 PM
I'll be there, but not 'til about two - things to do...

Zuiko
15th February 2011, 10:25 PM
I'll be there, but not 'til about two - things to do...

That's great, look forward to seeing you Tudor. :)

boblad
16th February 2011, 08:42 PM
Hi John
I'd like to join you if you'll have me.
Bob

Ian
18th February 2011, 09:36 AM
It looks like the weather will be kind, if not generous, so we will all be dry, if not blessed with much sunshine!

If anyone wants to try one of the lenses from our hire cupboard on the day, then please let me know. If anyone wants to keep a lens for a hire period and so avoid the delivery cost, please let me know too :)

I will be bringing the E-5 and E-PL2.

Ian

Ian
18th February 2011, 09:36 AM
Well, It's still only Garrie and me who are absolute definites. I'm hoping a few more will come along to help make the trip down from Scotland worthwhile for Garrie.

Just to recap, possibles at the moment are:-

Andrew Riddell
Ian
Xpress (Tudor)
the4ts (Hazel) - if Ian is coming and able to provide a lift
Peter H (from FTU)

Any others will be really welcome, it's a lovely venue with much of interest in the gardens as well as the snowdrops for which it is rightly famed.

Yes, I will be bringing Hazel.

Ian

Zuiko
18th February 2011, 11:40 AM
Hi John
I'd like to join you if you'll have me.
Bob

Of course, Bob, I look forward to meeting you. :)

Zuiko
18th February 2011, 11:56 AM
It looks like the weather will be kind, if not generous, so we will all be dry, if not blessed with much sunshine!

If anyone wants to try one of the lenses from our hire cupboard on the day, then please let me know. If anyone wants to keep a lens for a hire period and so avoid the delivery cost, please let me know too :)

I will be bringing the E-5 and E-PL2.

Ian

Dry would be a big bonus! Soft light will actually be quite good for close-ups of the snowdrops.

I would like to use the 50mm f2 and the 7-14mm if you are able to bring them, Ian.

I will be bringing my E-3, of course, with 9-18mm, 14-54mm, 70-300mm, and Sigma 105mm macro if anyone wants to try.

Also, if anyone is interested in trying, I will have Panasonic G1 with 14-45mm and 20mm f1.7 plus Olympus E-PL1 and 14-42mm.

I recommend a tripod if you have one, a small reflector or a sheet of tin foil, old clothes, water resistant shoes and a sheet of plastic to kneel/lay on as it can be quite muddy.

The Saint
18th February 2011, 05:49 PM
I'm going to try and do some grovelling to the mother-in-law tonight with the hope that I might get a pass for an hour to meet up with you.

Simon

Zuiko
18th February 2011, 07:36 PM
I'm going to try and do some grovelling to the mother-in-law tonight with the hope that I might get a pass for an hour to meet up with you.

Simon

Ha ha! It'll be great if you can make it, Simon, but don't incurr the wrath of Mum-in-law! Good luck with the grovelling! :D

boblad
18th February 2011, 09:24 PM
Hi John I'll look forward to meeting you all.

Ian if you bring a 50-200mm I'd like to try it.

I'll bring my sigma 150mm if anyone wants to try it.

Bob

Ian
19th February 2011, 01:11 PM
Hi John I'll look forward to meeting you all.

Ian if you bring a 50-200mm I'd like to try it.

I'll bring my sigma 150mm if anyone wants to try it.

Bob

Will do :)

Have also been asked to bring a ZD 35-100 and the m.Zuiko 75-300.

Ian

Garrie
19th February 2011, 09:37 PM
I'll see everyone tomorrow, fingers crossed for decent weather :-)

Zuiko
19th February 2011, 09:42 PM
I'll see everyone tomorrow, fingers crossed for decent weather :-)

Yeah, I'll meet you at the airport as arranged. It's been tipping down for much of today but it does seem to be a better (if not wonderful) forecast for tomorrow. Might be a little wet underfoot, though!

Have a good flight. :)

JohnGG
20th February 2011, 01:03 AM
Sorry for the very late notification (which you might not even see as it's so late :o) but I'm hoping to pitch up as well. Work has been manic for the last few weeks but I managed to finish a big project today so I'm awarding myself a bit of a break :)

Cheers,

JohnGG

Zuiko
20th February 2011, 02:08 AM
Sorry for the very late notification (which you might not even see as it's so late :o) but I'm hoping to pitch up as well. Work has been manic for the last few weeks but I managed to finish a big project today so I'm awarding myself a bit of a break :)

Cheers,

JohnGG

No problem, John, we'll be pleased to have you along. I've sent you a PM with further details. :)

The Saint
20th February 2011, 10:10 PM
It was nice to catch up today and see some old and new faces.

Sorry that it was such a short visit, hope you all had a good afternoon and the rain held off.

Simon