PDA

View Full Version : Salutations from Malaysia

dr_shivan
19th March 2008, 06:41 AM
Hi all,

Newbie DSLR hoping to improve my camera skills.

PeterD
19th March 2008, 07:13 AM
Hi all,

Newbie DSLR hoping to improve my camera skills.

Hi there,

Just now welcomed Compmac to the site. I extend my best wishes to you too.

You say you are new to DSLR, did you use a film camera before or a compact digital camera?

As I said to Compmac, the support here is very good. Look forward to seeing some of your images.

PeterD

dr_shivan
19th March 2008, 07:20 AM
Thank you PeterD,

I've played with film and compact camera but never serious about it. Ventured into the DSLR genre about 7 months back, but haven't been shooting much until recently.

Hoping to receive comments be it good or bad as that's the only way one can progress.

PeterD
19th March 2008, 07:36 AM
Thank you PeterD,

I've played with film and compact camera but never serious about it. Ventured into the DSLR genre about 7 months back, but haven't been shooting much until recently.

Hoping to receive comments be it good or bad as that's the only way one can progress.

100% agree with you, through honest comment and constructive critism we can all learn. Not just you, but we get as much help from feedback given to other peoples images and this can be seen over the short time the site has been running, in the improved quality of some peoples photos.

PeterD

Jim
19th March 2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome aboard :)

jmoh
19th March 2008, 10:00 AM
Well Hello Shivan!
Welcome Brudder!......*chr*chr*chr......Wah!...Another Hot Pal From Malaysia....This is one cool site, Where you can learn and Express yourself. Welcome Onboard Brudder!!!....'' SELAMAT DATANG' ''.......Thanks...Uncle James.

Haisbro
19th March 2008, 10:10 AM
Well Hello Shivan!
Welcome Brudder!......*chr*chr*chr......Wah!...Another Hot Pal From Malaysia....This is one cool site, Where you can learn and Express yourself. Welcome Onboard Brudder!!!....'' SELAMAT DATANG' ''.......Thanks...Uncle James.

I concur:D
Greetings all

David

blu-by-u
21st March 2008, 03:22 AM
Wah..you also. Is the whole Gang coming here? and Welcome *chr

jmoh..you are contagious.. we all follow your lead here. :D

PeterD
21st March 2008, 05:22 AM
Wah..you also. Is the whole Gang coming here? and Welcome *chr

jmoh..you are contagious.. we all follow your lead here. :D

Hi

Were all of you members of another site and already know each other? Whatever, its good to have you all here and have you join this community. I think we have all benefited from the two way exchanges so far.

PeterD

dr_shivan
21st March 2008, 06:27 AM
Yes PeterD,

We are a small community of Olympus users in Malaysia and we got to know this forum about a month back when blu joined. We have learned how to make panoramas from blu, and some other veteran Olympus users, some dating back to OM's.

PeterD
21st March 2008, 06:47 AM
Yes PeterD,

We are a small community of Olympus users in Malaysia and we got to know this forum about a month back when blu joined. We have learned how to make panoramas from blu, and some other veteran Olympus users, some dating back to OM's.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess that I had better re-forecast the time it will take for our membership to reach 500;). I thought it might be 1st week in April, now I am not sure. This was my view to a question posed by Ian on another post.

I started out with an Olympus E500 as my first DSLR and I still use it. Its a brilliant camera but I tended to stick with the built in programmes rather than experiment. Last year I purchased the E3 + 12-60 lens. The 12-60 is now on the E500 and a new 70-300mm + EC14 is fitted to my E3. My experience with the E3 at the start was not good. It was a very big shock to find how open to individual settings it is and the manual cannot be described as brilliant. I also suffered from the focus issues which resulted in the 12-60mm lens being returned and mirror lock up which resulted in the camera body being changed. Its only now that I am coming anywhere near to getting to grips with the E3. Thanks to people on here I have gained more confidence with my abilities and that of the equipment.

Well good luck to you and enjoy shooting.

PeterD

Barr1e
21st March 2008, 08:15 AM
Hi and welcome.

Regards. Barr1e