PDA

View Full Version : E5 body price?

paullus
29th January 2011, 10:11 AM
Hello.
I'm fighting a losing battle at the moment trying to justify not replacing my E3 with the E5.
To further help me lose this battle can anyone help by telling me who they have found to be offering the best overall price for an E5 body in the UK?
I've tried the usual suspects found on Google and 1399 so far is the best from Simply Electronics who have stock.
Thanks.

David Morison
29th January 2011, 10:28 AM
I must admit I paid full price for mine, I am rather impulsive and had to have one! Simply Electronics always say they have stock but read the reviews! I ordered an EC20 which was "in stock" but took two weeks longer to arrive than expected!

David

rsh1960
29th January 2011, 10:43 AM
Is this any help?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042D7O9Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=167D0V5RQTKAJA75DZ1W&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

rsh1960
29th January 2011, 10:48 AM
This site is useful for finding cheap prices

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/index.html

Nick Temple-Fry
29th January 2011, 10:49 AM
Is this any help?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042D7O9Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=167D0V5RQTKAJA75DZ1W&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Normal delivery 1 - 2 months.

Nick

rsh1960
29th January 2011, 10:55 AM
Sorry didn't see that

andym
29th January 2011, 11:01 AM
Got mine from SRS for 1449.00 when they first came out.Best price I could find at the time.
Ordered at 1 o clock in the afternoon and it arrived next day at 08:15.

It's the same price now and seems to be in stock,OK you can get it for less but you won't wait for it.

Garrie
29th January 2011, 11:09 AM
Have you tried Kerso? His prices are usually pretty good and from what I understand he is kinda uk based. I've used him before and he is a very good trustworthy supplier.

Yorkie
29th January 2011, 05:15 PM
Kerso is the way to go, I am looking to purchase an E5 from him very soon.

I can confirm he will give the best price you will see in the UK with full warrantee. *chr*chr*chr

stevednp3
29th January 2011, 05:50 PM
Keep an eye on Amazon, as third party suppliers pop up now and then with stock for 1,389, but they go as quick as they come, Im checking a few times a day and just missed one yesterday :mad:

But if SRS has stock, I may just have to order from them next week, cant wait much longer :D

paullus
29th January 2011, 06:03 PM
Yes I've read the reviews on Simply Electronics so I was planning to ring them for a definite confirmation of stock.
I'm on Amazon all the time too.
I'm very surprised to find that there are none on Ebay at the moment.
If Olympus are only producing 3000 units per month for Worldwide consumption though I can't see prices falling too much in the near future.
Thanks for the replies so far.

Wee man
29th January 2011, 06:24 PM
Again; give Kerso a call he usually has stock and his prices are keen.

yorky
29th January 2011, 06:35 PM
Got mine from SRS, next day delivery no problems and they are 50 cheaper than most of the others.

Kiwi Paul
30th January 2011, 01:40 AM
Kerso was 1250 when I bought mine a while ago.

Paul

stevednp3
30th January 2011, 12:29 PM
Kerso was 1250 when I bought mine a while ago.

Paul

Have you got contact details for kerso I've done a search on eBay, but can't see any e5s listed.

peak4
30th January 2011, 12:45 PM
Have you got contact details for kerso I've done a search on eBay, but can't see any e5s listed.

He's a member on here http://e-group.uk.net/forum/member.php?u=264

and also on Talk Photography under the same user name

Flash Camera (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA?_rdc=1) on ebay

stevednp3
30th January 2011, 12:59 PM
He's a member on here http://e-group.uk.net/forum/member.php?u=264

and also on Talk Photography under the same user name

Flash Camera (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA?_rdc=1) on ebay

Cheers bill, I'll get in touch with him.

paullus
30th January 2011, 04:55 PM
Hi.
Yes I've just had very tempting price from Ian at Kerso; 1269 including delivery. He doesn't have stock so it would have to be ordered.
I doubt I'll beat that price at this time.
I'm wondering now if enough people are interested here we could get a group buy discount?

On another point I will have to sell my E3 body possibly with the HLD4 grip to offset the price of the E5.
The body is in excellent condition with less than 10,000 shutter activations. I have all the accesories it came with but no box as my nearest and dearest had a brutal clear out of the loft and binned them...aaagh!!
So as a guide what price should I be asking for the body and grip?
Thanks.

Yorkie
30th January 2011, 06:52 PM
Just ordered mine from Ian. :eek:

peak4
30th January 2011, 08:42 PM
Just ordered mine from Ian. :eek:

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to encourage you. :o

Adagio
31st January 2011, 04:36 PM
Yes I've read the reviews on Simply Electronics so I was planning to ring them for a definite confirmation of stock.

I would be very wary of a significant purchase from Simply Electronics i.e. one of a value more than which you can just shrug your shoulders if it goes wrong. They are not a UK or even EU company but in the Far East. Check Companies House Simply Electronics Ltd in UK was dissolved a year ago.

You will have no enforceable consumer rights. UK SoGA is worth to me more than 10% off the purchase price.

kerso
31st January 2011, 06:01 PM
Guys, I can get any Olympus or Panasonic item just please send me a pm or an e-mail to kerso1123@msn.com
Regards Ian.

stevednp3
31st January 2011, 06:13 PM
Guys, I can get any Olympus or Panasonic item just please send me a pm or an e-mail to kerso1123@msn.com
Regards Ian.

Let me know when you have Stock Ian *chr

kerso
31st January 2011, 06:18 PM
Steve, should have E-5 stock next week, 1 reserved for you. Ian. Let me know when you have Stock Ian *chr

stevednp3
31st January 2011, 06:43 PM
Steve, should have E-5 stock next week, 1 reserved for you. Ian.

A very big thanks, can't wait :D

Roger.Tomblin@vodafone.ne
1st February 2011, 06:19 PM
Stephen

Here is Ian Kerr's Mail address

He usually replies pretty quickly

IAN Kerr [kerso1123@msn.com]

Regards

Roger

stevednp3
1st February 2011, 06:28 PM
Stephen

Here is Ian Kerr's Mail address

He usually replies pretty quickly

IAN Kerr [kerso1123@msn.com]

Regards

Roger

Cheers Roger, all sorted and looking forward to being a proud e5 owner soon :D

paullus
1st February 2011, 08:00 PM
Just paid for my E5.........YEEE HAAAA!!!!

Coming next week! Can't wait!:D

Thanks Ian (Kerso)

Kiwi Paul
1st February 2011, 09:56 PM
Congrats Paullus, look forward to hearing how you find it :-)

Paul

LightingMan
2nd February 2011, 09:48 AM
I'd not go near Simply Electronics - their website has said two in stock since early December.

Mine is on back order with Amazon since 30 Dec 2010 - the dispatch date is still given as 18 Jan 2011 - 10 Feb 2011. Price was 1,367.47.

I'd need to switch if nothing shows up be 10 Feb :(

Jim Ford
2nd February 2011, 02:25 PM
Regards Ian.

I wish you wouldn't do this, Ian!

;^)

Jim

paullus
2nd February 2011, 05:05 PM
Hi
Lightingman I think I'd be tempted to cancel the Amazon order. I've ordered mine from Ian at Kerso he is getting three in stock next week. His price is 1249+20 Fedex delivery.
I paid 1.5% extra for using Paypal but he'll take bank transfer, cash on collection, cash over counter, cheque and Paypal.
I chose Paypal because i found that sending money from a credit card costs 4%. Paypal charge the recipient of the money 1.5% not the sender so I paid Ian's fee which is fair enough. I tried to gift the money too but I would have had to pay 4%. Be careful as sending money can be expensive if not using a direct bank transfer.

Cheers,
Steve

Yorkie
2nd February 2011, 06:33 PM
Paullus,

Just what I did.

stevednp3
2nd February 2011, 06:38 PM
Well Ive just ordered mine from Ian :D so I think that secures that 3 for next week :eek:

stevednp3
4th February 2011, 06:46 PM
Cant wait much longer:o, Even dreamed last night that I had an email from Ian saying my e5 was shipped :D

Kiwi Paul
4th February 2011, 07:14 PM
Well at least you can watch Wales thrash England in the 6 Nations tonight, that'll keep your mind off it for a few hours :-)

Paul

stevednp3
4th February 2011, 08:38 PM
Well at least you can watch Wales thrash England in the 6 Nations tonight, that'll keep your mind off it for a few hours :-)

Paul

Well yes I thought that, but now its half time I'm back to thinking of the e5:D

paullus
4th February 2011, 08:44 PM

Paul

To a NZ Celt supporter from the English son of a Celt, I'm still waiting*zzz

(Dad's Dad a Scot, Dad a Welshman and me English)

Kiwi Paul
4th February 2011, 08:48 PM
Here we go, Wales about to take control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paullus
4th February 2011, 09:45 PM
Fantastic game, well done England*chr
Shame to hear the booing when JW came on though:mad:

Kiwi Paul
4th February 2011, 09:56 PM
The Welsh clearly think England need a head start and decided to let them win.

I'm not a JW fan, he's a great kicker but the ball always seems to be a hot potato when he gets it, he can't get rid of it fast enough.

Paul

paullus
4th February 2011, 10:22 PM
The Welsh clearly think England need a head start and decided to let them win.

I'm not a JW fan, he's a great kicker but the ball always seems to be a hot potato when he gets it, he can't get rid of it fast enough.

Paul

Well thank you Wales for being so considerate and giving us the head start. I'm sure we will honour your graciousness by going on to win the competition. We in England wish you, with all sincerity, all the very best in future games and likewise to Scotland.
Booing though is not typical of true fans of the game of rugby!

Kiwi Paul
4th February 2011, 10:56 PM
My comment was tongue in cheek, I agree that "booing" is not sporting and certainly don't encourage it but I don't think any teams fans aren't guilty of doing it at some stage, it's all part of the psychological game to put the opponents teams off, I would hope no real malice is intended.

Paul

paullus
4th February 2011, 11:55 PM
It was a great game, James Hook would be my choice for 'man of the match'.
Furthermore I've no doubt that the fans of both sides will have left the Millennium Stadium and drunk the pubs of Cardiff dry quite happily together.

Anyway and more importantly do you now use SDHC memory or are you sticking to CF in your E5 or maybe a mixture of both?
Have you sorted your focus problems out?
I'm counting down the days to getting my E5 and feel a bit like a child waiting for Santa.
Best regards,
Steve

stevednp3
5th February 2011, 12:22 AM
I'm counting down the days to getting my E5 and feel a bit like a child waiting for Santa.
Best regards,
Steve

Here, here

Yorkie
8th February 2011, 06:36 AM
Ian has just sent me a mail to say my E5 is on the way

paullus
8th February 2011, 06:44 AM
Same here:D

Kiwi Paul
8th February 2011, 08:54 AM
Only a couple more sleeps then, bet you can't wait :-)

Paul

Ross the fiddler
8th February 2011, 10:09 AM

We're all a bit mixed up if of British origin. Australian born of an Englishman (Scouser - capital of Ireland? :eek:) reportedly from Scottish & Welsh origins. :D Oh & then there is Yorkshire too.

I wish you recipients of an E5 to be, well & to have lots of enjoyment with it.

stevednp3
8th February 2011, 12:37 PM
Ian has just sent me a mail to say my E5 is on the way

Yep same here too :D:D:D

paullus
8th February 2011, 12:59 PM

We're all a bit mixed up if of British origin. Australian born of an Englishman (Scouser - capital of Ireland? :eek:) reportedly from Scottish & Welsh origins. :D Oh & then there is Yorkshire too.

Yeah I quite agree.......I didn't mention my Mum's from Wolverhampton either did I;)

I wish you recipients of an E5 to be, well & to have lots of enjoyment with it.

Thank you Ross. I really am having to control my excitement as I'm sure Yorkie and stevednp3 are.
Ian Kerr has certainly pulled the stops out on this deal.
To be honest when Ian said that he was expecting E5 stock this week I wasn't expecting to receive mine until at least the weekend or early next week and then I'd still have been happy.
Anyway I'm not counting all of my chickens yet as it still has to be delivered by the Royal Mail, hopefully tomorrow. Watch this space.

DerekW
8th February 2011, 01:07 PM
Looking on the US fourthirdsphoto web site there was recent discussion of buying an extra years warranty for about $50 - it would be interesting to see if UK purchasers of US supplied kit can purchase this warranty and also if the second year warranty is honoured in Europe.

Kiwi Paul
8th February 2011, 01:38 PM
There will be 3 very excited and happy chappies in a day or 2 then :-)

Paaul

stevednp3
8th February 2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry I know this thread is getting out of control now, but I have quick question, does anyone know if the e5 has AF Tracking like the pens, so that you can tell it to follow a subject, I cant seam to find a straight answer on the web :o

Yorkie
8th February 2011, 07:00 PM
Hopefully tomorrow is the day!!!!!!

What's more its not a bad weather forecast either so I might even get out to play for a bit:eek:

paullus
8th February 2011, 07:18 PM
Sorry I know this thread is getting out of control now, but I have quick question, does anyone know if the e5 has AF Tracking like the pens, so that you can tell it to follow a subject, I cant seam to find a straight answer on the web :o

Yes I apologise for starting this thread which has had 53 responses to date and has caused three people including myself to pay over 3800 to Ian Kerr*chr

We've also discussed rugby, racial issues and origins;).

Unfortunately though stevednp3 I don't know the answer to your question, maybe someone else can help.
However hopefully tomorrow we will be able to engross ourselves in our own E5 instruction manuals:D

stevednp3
8th February 2011, 07:27 PM
Yes I apologise for starting this thread which has had 53 responses to date and has caused three people including myself to pay over 3800 to Ian Kerr*chr

We've also discussed rugby, racial issues and origins;).

Unfortunately though stevednp3 I don't know the answer to your question, maybe someone else can help.
However hopefully tomorrow we will be able to engross ourselves in our own E5 instruction manuals:D

Thanks Paul, sadly after more research I don't think it has af tracking, which is strange as oly developed it for the pens and I would have thought it would have worked better with dslr's :confused:

Homer Simpson
8th February 2011, 08:39 PM
This vulture is circling in the hope that there might be a few second hand E3s or E30s on the market soon.:D

kerso
8th February 2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks to all buyers of the E5. I won't let you down, I guess you know that though. I will be getting more E5 stock next week. I am going to sponsor a prize competition for all members here. Who do I approach? Regards Ian.

stevednp3
8th February 2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks to all buyers of the E5. I won't let you down, I guess you know that though. I will be getting more E5 stock next week. I am going to sponsor a prize competition for all members here. Who do I approach? Regards Ian.

A big thank to you for arranging so quickly and providing a painless service, interested to hear more about the competition :D

I guess its Ian or john burns you need to speak too.

Kiwi Paul
8th February 2011, 10:54 PM

Hi Ian,

That's very generous of you.

you are best contacting Ian (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=3)

Paul

Ross the fiddler
9th February 2011, 12:46 AM

I'm not sure if it is the same as the PEN but here is the section from the manual.

C-AF (continuous AF)
The camera repeats focusing while the shutter button remains pressed halfway. When the subject is in motion, the camera focuses on the subject in anticipation of its movement (Predictive AF). Even if the subject moves or you change the composition of the picture, the camera continues trying to focus. Press the shutter button halfway and keep it in this position.
• When the subject is in focus and locked, the AF confirmation mark lights up.
• The AF target does not light up, even when the subject is in focus.
• The camera repeats focusing. Even if the subject moves or even if you change the composition of the picture, focusing is tried continuously.
• A beep sound is output when the subject is in focus. The beep sound is not output after the third continuous AF operation, even when the subject is in focus.
The camera focuses on something passing in front of the subject:
You can set the camera so as not to change the focus even if the distance to the subject changes. “C-AF LOCK” (P. 103)

paullus
9th February 2011, 04:55 PM
My E5 has arrived. I'm just waiting for the battery to charge so I can fire it up. What a truly fantastic service, thank you so much Ian Kerr (Kerso/Flash Camera) you are a meggastar*clap
Thank you also for the 2 to 3 pin adapter plug and posh diary.*chr
Regards,
Steve

Kiwi Paul
9th February 2011, 05:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Paul

kerso
9th February 2011, 06:52 PM
Cheers Steve, I appreciate all members business. I have sent a message to Ian enquiring about sponsoring a competition! Ian.

My E5 has arrived. I'm just waiting for the battery to charge so I can fire it up. What a truly fantastic service, thank you so much Ian Kerr (Kerso/Flash Camera) you are a meggastar*clap
Thank you also for the 2 to 3 pin adapter plug and posh diary.*chr
Regards,
Steve

paullus
10th February 2011, 05:54 PM
Hi.
I took the E5 to the Padarn Museum site in Llanberis, Snowdonia today while on a driving course and very quickly took the first outdoor shots with it using my 14-54 lens.
I didn't have time to adjust anything except ISO to 200 and remarkably for the location at this time of year; the WB to 'sunshine.' Basically then the camera was as good as set up as it arrived in 'P' mode.
They are nothing special, just what was around me at the time and they are a tad overexposed but beside that I'm instantly impressed with the sharpness and colour. The new LCD is a massive improvement. I spent some time looking for the I.S. button and was surprised to find it's now activated through the info screen.
On the whole though I'm very impressed.

Here is a link to the photos I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIbam_Xz6uq0Aw&feat=directlink

Cheers:)

Ross the fiddler
10th February 2011, 09:30 PM
Hi.
I took the E5 to the Padarn Museum site in Llanberis, Snowdonia today while on a driving course and very quickly took the first outdoor shots with it using my 14-54 lens.
I didn't have time to adjust anything except ISO to 200 and remarkably for the location at this time of year; the WB to 'sunshine.' Basically then the camera was as good as set up as it arrived in 'P' mode.
They are nothing special, just what was around me at the time and they are a tad overexposed but beside that I'm instantly impressed with the sharpness and colour. The new LCD is a massive improvement. I spent some time looking for the I.S. button and was surprised to find it's now activated through the info screen. On the whole though I'm very impressed.

Here is a link to the photos I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCIbam_Xz6uq0Aw&feat=directlink

Cheers:)

Don't forget that you can program IS function into one of 3 buttons, Fn, [...] or the front Preview button. See P. 106 of the manual.

I hope you have lots of fun with your new E5. *chr