PDA

View Full Version : Moorland Tree

mike1251
16th March 2008, 08:09 PM
This one from today
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/3163729.jpg

snaarman
16th March 2008, 08:40 PM
Yes, I like the colours and the perspective, plus the sky is not blown to white :-)

good so far, but being as we are looking for perfection.. I would prefer it if the tree did not go out of frame at the right.

Picky, I know..

Pete

shenstone
16th March 2008, 10:41 PM
I agree with both of Pete't comments ... Very Nice

Also if "looking for perfection" I may have lines up to lose the other tree on the hill line

Regards
Andy

steverh
17th March 2008, 04:34 PM
I think that if you had moved a little to the left, you would have separated the two trees and included all of the one in the foreground.

Of course there might be a good reason why you couldn't do that (like falling of a rock!).

Apart from that, a very nice picture.

photonutter
17th March 2008, 07:34 PM
I think a move to the right may have been better, also to frame the background tree with the one in foreground. The tone of the tree and the rock seem to merge, but for the colour would hardly stand out unless you have a play with the levels to bring it out.

froeng
17th March 2008, 10:53 PM
Hi,

why not just crop the left of the frame so the foreground tree is a bit more off-centered. That will make it more dynamic and reduce the imbalance with the branches coming out of the frame on the right.

B/W could be nice, too?!

Regards

Frank

Zuiko
17th March 2008, 11:07 PM
Great subject, great location, I agree with all that's been said so far. Also, I wonder if a lower viewpoint would have made the composition more dramatic?

Zuiko

Steve Lane
18th March 2008, 03:50 PM
Nice subject - it reminds me of many of the places I walk in the Peak District. I agree with Zuiko though - a lower viewpoint may add some impact - even more so if the sky was blue or turbulent.

Graham_of_Rainham
18th March 2008, 04:36 PM
Agree with most of the comments so far, but simply cropping the top will help considerably. Try an old fassioned 10x8 format.

Nivek
18th March 2008, 04:46 PM
I agree with all the comments above. If you had just stepped back a few paces and also moved to the left a bit to single out the tree in the background. If that tree were standing on its own it would have really helped the composition. I think it would also maybe look good B&W.

Just my opinion though.

jdal
18th March 2008, 08:50 PM
Nice exposure, that's what moorland feels like on a cloudy day. I'd vote for the tree not disappearing out of frame, and the distant one cloned out, (or hidden behind the front one or chopped down), but a nice shot nonetheless.