PDA

View Full Version : looking for a camera bag for E-PL1

jonjon
15th January 2011, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a snug fitting padded camera bag for the E-PL1 + standard lens and a few small acessories (memory card reader, lens cleaning pen etc). At the moment i got a leather case with 3 clip on buttons (like the ones on ebay). On my last trip it was quite time consuming having to unclip them every time i found something interesting to shoot, so i would like a bag where i can just yank the camera out quickly when needed. Looking to spend less than 20 ideally.

Any suggestions will be appreciated! :)
jonjon

Rod Souter
16th January 2011, 09:37 PM
I use a bag from Aldi, it was about 7.

It carries my E-P1 with standard 14-42?, a 4/3 40-150+ adapter and a 4/3 20mm f1.7 in the main compartment. In the other bit goes spare cards, battery, cable release etc..

Main compartment is padded and has re-positional dividers.

Overall size 200x200x140 mm approx.

Shoulder strap, top grab handle and can be carried on the waist a la bum-bag (if you are thinner than me!)

Rod

jonjon
22nd January 2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reply Rod.

Is it this one:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/camera-bag-avalible-aldi-from-7th-m/379896

Because it looks like its no longer available. :(

Rod Souter
22nd January 2011, 05:53 PM
Yes, that's the one.

They have them in as a 'special' every year, there are slight differences from year to year.

Rod

jonjon
22nd January 2011, 06:30 PM
ok, i'll look out for it. Cheers!

stevednp3
22nd January 2011, 06:52 PM
Are you currently using this type

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-NEW-Camera-Case-Bag-4-Olympus-E-PL1-E-PL2-EPL1-EPL2-/290524025516?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_ BagsCases_JN&hash=item43a494d2ac

as I find it sooooooo quick to use, just un-clip the bottom, pull over the top of the case and your ready to shot :D

jchallen
22nd January 2011, 07:48 PM
I picked up an Olympus branded PEN case/cover from Luton Cameras this week. It will take any of the PEN's complete with most lens combinations.

It wraps around the camera so will not hold many accessories but it was only 20 and works well to protect the camera while allowing for easy access.

Might be worth considering.

jonjon
23rd January 2011, 08:29 AM
Are you currently using this type

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-NEW-Camera-Case-Bag-4-Olympus-E-PL1-E-PL2-EPL1-EPL2-/290524025516?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_ BagsCases_JN&hash=item43a494d2ac

as I find it sooooooo quick to use, just un-clip the bottom, pull over the top of the case and your ready to shot :D

Yes i have that one, but mine catches on the lens so it's a struggle to pull over and after that the live view screen is still blocked by the casing anyway.

jonjon
23rd January 2011, 08:37 AM
I picked up an Olympus branded PEN case/cover from Luton Cameras this week. It will take any of the PEN's complete with most lens combinations.

It wraps around the camera so will not hold many accessories but it was only 20 and works well to protect the camera while allowing for easy access.

Might be worth considering.

Thanks for the suggestion, i'm really after a padded case with shoulder strap rather than a wrap around case. I already have a cheap wrap around case, perhaps the Olympus one is better fit though.