PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Tutorial site for Lightroom and Photpshop

theMusicMan
15th March 2008, 05:27 AM
Morning all

I find myself up at the crack of dawn this morning, though not with good news (I suffer occasionally with gout, and have been awake for hours!!!). Anyway, trying to put the lovely morning to good use I stumbled across this excellent tutorial site that I wanted to share with you all.

It has tutorials on Photoshop and Lightroom; I've watched a few, and they are very good indeed. So... enjoy!

http://thedigitalphotographyconnection.com/LFDP.php

RSGodfrey
15th March 2008, 06:47 AM
John, having previously suffered a gout attack you have my sympathy.

I have been able to avoid further attacks by radical changes to my diet and I hope you are getting good advice to get it under control.

Best wishes

Richard

froeng
15th March 2008, 08:55 AM
Good Link!

very usefull stuff, but have you seen these:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/videos/download-videos.shtml

They cost a little money, but with the current dollar exchange rate, they are actually cheaper then buying a couple of dvds! And worth every single P.

Michael Reichmann and Jeff Schewe go through the whole RAW processing and printing and the use of lightroom in every imaginable detail. It's really great material.

Highly recomended!

Hope you get better soon!

Regards

Frank

theMusicMan
15th March 2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the link Frank, and for the well wishes. I am not so unwell, just have gout in my left foot - makes it difficult to walk around easily.

This particular attack came on very quickly indeed, and I can usually take some prescribed meds that thwart any further onset. However, this time I was in Madrid and didn't have my meds with me, so the darned gout had time to take effect!!!

For those who haven't suffered from gout - I can assure you it is one of the most painful experiences I have suffered... excruciatingly so if I am honest.

The good news though is that the tabs are already having an effect and it is easing. Thanks though Frank for the well wishes... :)

PeterD
15th March 2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks John and Frank. Those links seem to be just what I need:).

PeterD

Garrie
15th March 2008, 07:24 PM
superb set of links, thanks for sharing them.

I have to be honest, PP Raw files is very daunting for me